Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Is anybody else not completely pissed?
  • binners

Because judging from a quick stroll through town, it appears that, in still being boringly sober, I appear to be in a minority of one! It’s like Dawn of the Dead out there, with large groups of bodies staggering haphazardly from pub to pub, babbling and cackling incoherently. You’ve got to admire the commitment to the cause of the British. Valiantly adhering to the principle that if you don’t have to be up in the morning you should be getting absolutely mullered!!!

Anyone else? Or is it just me?

simmy
    Free Member

Sober here.

Just going through a packet of Custard Creams sharing with the Dogs so going on a sugar rush instead.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’m getting there.

rOcKeTdOg

sober until tomorrow, all day wedding with free bar

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Just saw a gaggle of particularly ‘classy’ looking chics hitting the central bar, for a nights karaoke and cheeky Vimto…. 😯

senorj

It’s a northern thing. Bank hol all day seshtastic. 🙂
    Everyone’s in bed darn sarf.

binners

Anyway… if you can’t beat ’em….

Just having a beer. There will be many more. I’m not going out there though!

Cheers you lot! And happy Easter!!! 🙂

edhornby

No but I was pissed last night, is that OK?

fooman

Shops are shut = spend day getting pissed instead

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Give us an hour. I’m working on it.

Alex

I was in Bournemouth on St Patricks day. Never realised 75% of the local population were Irish. Lots of drunken people with amusing green hats bouncing off street furniture from about 8pm. And they were going to work in the morning. I was impressed in a ‘is this what the start of the Zombie Apocalypse’ might look like 🙂

I am having my first beer. Which is fully deserved as I;ve spent the afternoon trying to fix the leak in our stupidly massive pond. Water is quite cold in March…

mintimperial

Stone **** sober here. Haven’t had a drink since Tuesday due to tooth extraction and resulting horrible painful hole in head. No riding either. Can’t even drink coffee unless it’s lukewarm. Ugh. 🙁

Saw emergency dentist this morning, he stabbed my head a few times and basically told me to stop being such a bloody princess, I’m doing my best but I’m seriously bored of this now. And I’ve got to fight my way through several hours of bank holiday traffic tomorrow to spend the rest of the day with the in-laws without so much as a sniff of booze to dull the joys of their scintillating company.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Well I’ve been working with ‘fractious’ prisoners all day, so I deserve it.

Bregante

Bloody hell Tom you almost make me grateful for my fankled knee! At least I can complain that I’m not up to driving over to the outlaws on the Wirral 😀

And in response to binners’ original question, I’m about 65% there….

scandal42
    Free Member

Nearly drunk.

Been drinking a smashing local brew this afternoon whilst clearing out my bike storage (watch classified section people)

Now getting ready to head out for an Indian this evening, ill probably have lamb to stay traditional and annoy the Mrs.

Have fun folks

yunki
    Free Member

also about 65%… Heading out to wacth my BIL and crew spin some records at a funk soul and hip hop night..

gonna be 100% waaaay too early at this rate

Had a really good roast dinner though so I’m pretty much health on legs

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Tee total here, i certainly don’t miss that fuzzy feeling and over the last 8 months have saved a bloody fortune, happy days. 😀
    I even have bottles of booze in the house gathering dust. 😯

scandal42
    Free Member

I’ve saved money by drinking more.

18 pints from a local brewer for £24

This time next year….

MoreCashThanDash

Doesn’t mix well with antidepressants. Been pretty much teetotal since mid-January.

Which is **** depressing!

drlex
    Free Member

I am having my first beer. Which is fully deserved as I;ve spent the afternoon trying to fix the leak in our stupidly massive pond. Water is quite cold in March…

Well done – I remember doing similar in wetsuit & dinghy boots but at least on a day with ambient temp in the teens.
    Surprised you didn’t want a hot toddy.

northernerindevon

Our lass away, rare chance for a slap up Sunday Roast at my friendly local (she doesn’t do Sunday Roast) and some / many ciders! Did an epic singlespeed ride on Friday so feel no guilt about eating and drinking. Here’s to Dunkertons Black Fox… Hick x

bigdean

Today is practice, tomorrow is the main event, first fight is usally around 4pm.
    Or have people grown up in the past 10 years?

bodgy
    Free Member

Not pissed, but ridiculously stuffed. Honestly don’t think I can ever look at another roast potato again.

pictonroad

Been drinking solidly all day whilst cooking and eating, colossal error, stopped drinking. Now an almighty headache has kicked in. My own fault, I know the rules, if you start early, always keep going.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Still sober from Dry January. Can’t say I miss it at all, life is a lot simpler and I’m feeling loads better.

Alex

Surprised you didn’t want a hot toddy.

Thought about it. But thought I’d need to operate potentially dangerous appliances with shaky hands. Considered pouring beer into a saucepan and just dunking my head in 😉

Daffy

Just a glass of wine for me and then back on the milk 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Still sober from Dry January. Can’t say I miss it at all, life is a lot simpler and I’m feeling loads better.

Weirdo.

binners

Come on pictonroad- this is fundamental schoolboy stuff! A rookie mistake there! 😉

bearnecessities

Been garden-building from 10am until 8pm. Having a beer now though, a bloody well-deserved one at that – soil’s heavy.

(as is manoeuvring a 420 x 70 x 64 cm raised bed made of 32mm decking)

Happy Easter 🙂

Tracey

Long day up at Glentress so a couple of glasses of wine with some pulled pork bread cakes, coleslaw and wedges in the camper and its now bed time.

bruneep

working today and tomorrow, stone cold sober. 😐

Probably a good thing as I cancelled a few ebay bids tonight

bikebouy
    Free Member

Just finished a Gin and Tonic..

It was lovely.

Bedtime now.

joat

Had a glass of wine with roast turkey at me mum n dad’s, came home, couldn’t work out what the time was and whether it was worth opening a beer before bedtime, so I didn’t, and now I think I’m going to bed.

spchantler
    Free Member

Had several. Got a headache now, been chopping logs all day, Stw points aplenty

DT78
    Free Member

Sober here. Day2 of the hangover from he’ll. Reminds me why I don’t have more than 3 drinks in a evening…

yunki
    Free Member

hmph… got to the pub for a funky shindig

Saw someone that I owe a few quid to… Now I know very well that he’s being very kind about it, but I don’t feel that I know the fella well enough to be cheerfully drinking pints in front of him when I owe him cash

gone home tail between legs.. too awkward for me 🙁

john_drummer
    Free Member

Not in the slightest. Can’t remember the last time I was even remotely pissed.
    Yes I like beer. But I like to taste the last one as well as the first, so I don’t generally have that many

Caher

In a big pub in the south west of Ireland with cousins – not going to end well, especially as I am a lightweight.

iainc

A lovely Chinese without the kids, some wine, then home for a few large Malts. 9 am road or velodrome….maybe 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Is anybody else not completely pissed?’ is closed to new replies.