Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Is anybody else looking forward to the snow?
  • shermer75
    Free Member

So it looks like it’s gonna be snowmaggedon again (aaaargh!). Is anybody feeling excited about it? I must be in a particulary good mood or something. I love the trails when the mud’s frozen and the trees are covered in snow though!

Bregante

“Ms Maxey (met office) said the majority of us will see wintry showers, with the possibility of settled snow on higher ground.”

Sounds horrendous.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes. I bloody love the cold 🙂 It was a bit parky in London at 9pm as I was out running, felt quite wintery.

scotroutes

It’s alright I suppose

The rain seems to be washing this stuff away at the moment.

P1000761 by ScotRoutes, on Flickr

P1000759 by ScotRoutes, on Flickr

Lifer
    Free Member

Yes! Love riding in the snow, means I can take the big bike the fun way to work, and still beat most people in.

grum
    Free Member

Snowing lightly in Hebden right now – bit more on the tops. Had a lovely ride today, the trails are starting to firm up nicely.

shermer75
    Free Member

Bregante – Member

“Ms Maxey (met office) said the majority of us will see wintry showers, with the possibility of settled snow on higher ground.”

Sounds horrendous.

Luckily I went to the Daily Express for a far more reasonable and balanced opinion:

Run for the hills!! No, the valleys! No, the hills!!!

grum
    Free Member

Hope the Express is correct – I’ll be able to get plenty of days in at Yorkshire’s premier ski resort.

shermer75
    Free Member

I’ll be able to get plenty of days in at Yorkshire’s premier ski resort.

Which is?

shermer75
    Free Member

Scotroutes is that a canister of soup attached to your forks?! 🙂

andrewh
    Free Member

I generally hate winter, but that’s mainly because it’s cold, wet and dark.
    However, if we have to have let’s do at least it properly, I really love deep snow and blue skies.
    So yes, I am

scotroutes

Coffee akshully!

grum
    Free Member
    john_drummer
    Free Member

don’t mind. WFH these days so traffic is not an issue

Northwind

Snow is awesome, anyone who disagrees is merely a husk.

(though, I am not a fan of the crap post-good-snow phase when there’s just snow-melt ice and slush and near-frozen mud everywhere, that’s just the mess after the party)

coffeeking
    Free Member

Yes. I bloody love the cold

This. Only the soul-less dislike extremes of weather,preferring the boredom of monoseasons.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Drunken post-pub sledging FTW

Drac

Yup love it, the kids love it and the dog loves it.

Makes work a bit of pain in the arse if it gets proper rough though.

aidanoggy
    Free Member

Yep, I love riding in the snow, it makes the trails come alive !

Only downside is my Mrs goes into total meltdown over having to drive in it. To the extent that she chooses her car on the basis of what is good or not so good in the 3 days snow a year we get 🙂

aidanoggy
    Free Member

Yep, I love riding in the snow, it makes the trails come alive !

Only downside is my Mrs goes into total meltdown over having to drive in it. To the extent that she chooses her car on the basis of what is good or not so good in the 3 days snow a year we get 🙂

rickmeister

Its our first winter in the Black Forest… recently aquired a fatbike frame to build up and we need a snow blower too…

Expecting about a metre…. just a dusting atm…

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Yep this winter rain we are having is just awesome

boxelder

Light snow and frozen solid on Blencathra last night, thougher milder and wet now.

1981miked
    Free Member

Nope.. Can’t stand the snow. Makes the roads a dangerous place to be and my job a lot harder than it needs to be.

Pretty to look at mind u, I don’t have the luxury of “snow days”, I have to get in and get on whatever the weather.

Had some yesterday up past Tyndrum and out towards Bonawe near Oban. I don’t like winter in general, motivation goes as the cold effects my back where I had 3 operations, lots of scar tissue and feel the chill on it, it seizes up aswell, the knees hate it aswell and ache all the time, the fingers get paper cut type thugs on the ends and under the nails aswell.. Bad times! I’m just a miserable sod in winter.. Except Christmas Day.. Woohoo!

zippykona

Except Christmas Day.. Woohoo!

I hate Christmas.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Is anybody else looking forward to the snow?’ is closed to new replies.