Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Is America
  • frenchie
    Free Member

Is America suffering from Premature Emancipation?

nickc

You’ve been working on that all day haven’t you?

mrmo
    Free Member

just wondering how long till the assassination attempt. I am sure some redneck will have ago.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    surfer
    Free Member

I’ve heard that before and frankly its depressing and unnecesary. Keep it to yourself.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Give them a month or so and they’ll try. Sad but true…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What if he’s rubbish my arse Flash. A very typical post from you. You never let us down do you.

He can’t possibly be anywhere near as rubbish as the lot of right wing american-version-of-the-tory-cvnt-party who are finally leaving after making a right hash of it.

Moses

Well,,he’s reputedly no friend of the British, so it’ll be interesting for Brown (and possibly Cameron)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Darcy, my post is largely apolitical and more aimed at the deification of the man in to some form of second coming. To have built someone up to such a level of expectation is absurd.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

What if he’s rubbish Captain ?

Well if he’s just rubbish, it will a huge improvement on the idiot who was a complete and monumental disaster.

Premature Emancipation ?

pullfaces
    Free Member

I went to see Jerry Sadowitz recently who said it was obvious Obama was a kuunnt.
    And why?
    Well he’s a politician.

juan
    Free Member

Let’s make it clear I am NOT frenchie…

As said cap you really never let us down don’t you…

trailmonkey

It amazes me that anyone thinks he’s going to make any kind of difference to anything. I don’t care if he is black, he’s still going to be President of the USA. They have a long tradition of being war mongering, imperialistic asswipes and I see no reason to suspect that Obama will be any different.
    The only impact his ethnicity will have is to make him an assasination target for rednecks and to give false hope to millions of black Americans.

surfer
    Free Member

Obama has stated he will legalise stem cell research, under current US law this is illegal, mainly due to the hold on the government by the Christian right.
    This alone could do more to combat suffering in the world than almost any other medical breakthrough.

Its not true that things cant change and simply being elected has been the most important step the US has made. That cant be undone.

miketually
    Free Member

I hear that bullet proof glass munufacurers are the only part of the economy doing well right now. I don’t know why – just because he’s black doesn’t mean he’s going to shoot someone.

jimmerhimself
    Free Member

Time is obviously going tell on this one, but even though he’s the glove puppet of a bunch of suits, the sheer amount of hope that his Presidency offers is massive and shouldn’t be underestimated.

I can’t help but feel that the global economy is also in limbo now and it’s recovery is heavily dependant on Obama’s actions one way or another.

wwaswas

He’ll be the first ‘black’ president until he ****’s up then everyone will discover he’s ‘mixed-race’.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

He can’t possibly be anywhere near as rubbish as the lot of right wing american-version-of-the-tory-cvnt-party who are finally leaving after making a right hash of it.

Ya think ?? I suspect he’s already been bought and sold 🙁 Looking at the people he’s selected as advisers etc it’s the same-old-same-old.

chewkw
    Free Member

wwaswas: “He’ll be the first ‘black’ president until he ****’s up then everyone will discover he’s ‘mixed-race’.

LOL! That is right. He is a mixed-race and I wonder why Rev Jesse Jackson wants to cut his nuts out.

Timesonline

Oh well … another politician and another chapter in history. Doubt things will change that much really.

😯

seven
    Free Member

I do like the ramblings of the worldly wise little people who know it’s ucked all and have done uck all about making it any better.

Do something about it or stop moaning, it’s just really tiresome

fauxbyfour
    Free Member

deadlydarcy you really are a kn0b coming out with comments like that, do you really think that Labour has got it right and done a good job. You are really nuts!

D0NK

No doubt about it, it is an historic occasion and I think it’s good, but what if he is crap? He has been built up so much in the last few months can he live up to the hype?

One thing that did get me was that it was assumed that every black person would be ecstatic that he was elected. I’m sure theres’s a number of black people who dislike his policies and aren’t that impressed with him. (I’m not black and I’ve no idea what his policies are)

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I just heard Obama’s acceptance speech – what a load of melodramatic Hollywood-inspired bollox.

The sort of arousing speech which you would expect John Wayne to make to the gentle folk of Lonesome Creek Colorado – from a tricolour decked platform with a cigar puffing mayor next to him.

Made me realise how lucky I am that I’m not American and don’t have to listen sort of sh1te on a regular basis.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Made me realise how lucky I am that I’m not American

Yes, not being foreign is one of the few advantages we have left.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Is America’ is closed to new replies.