Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Is Alpkit gear any good?
  • wl
    Free Member

Seen Alpkit stuff online and it looks and sounds too good (cheap) to be true. Is it? Cheers.

soma_rich
    Free Member

I have a Gamma, Airic and Hunka all very good. Will buy a pipedream in the new year.

enduro-aid
    Free Member

have some of there clothing and waterproof jeans and its all good stuff

matthew_h
    Free Member

I've got quite a number of their bits and bobs and they are all very good. Certainly recommended by me.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Can't fault any of it..

The Bivi bages are spot on, as is their Ti stuff..

Got loads of their dry bags, and they are spotty dog.

Padowan
    Free Member

Got a SkyHigh sleeping bag, Gourdon dry-rucksack, drybags, Jeanius waterproof jeans all of it excellent quality and an absolute bargain. Would recommend them to anyone.

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

I've got the Gourdon 20 backpack and the Jeanius water-resistant jeans, jeans work nicely, backpack is my preferred overnight ride pack and has lasted a year of use on and off the bike well.

I've also got the Tifoon (titanium spork) which I love. The service from them is usually super quick as well.

grumm
    Free Member

Yup they are great.

backhander
    Free Member

Stock levels are generally shocking though.

dmiller
    Free Member

Dry bags, Mini Airic and Gamma headtorch all top notch… 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Got a gamma head torch and its just spiffy for the price. Wish it was a touch more powerful, but its £15 all in so i am after moon on a stick.

OrangeChammy
    Free Member

Gordon drybag – perfect commuter rucksack and 1 year on… going strong!

Drybags – do what they need too and cheap as chips

LED Lantern – awesome power, light and almost too cheap!

Filo jackets – just got one, really warm and fits well, perhaps not as tough / well made as my old north face and mate's Rab, but unless you can get these half price alpkit is the one.

Agree – stock is shocking, cant seem to keep up with demand, especially the Filo (had to wait until following year for mine and spend hours trying to buy during the frenzy). Delivery is fantastic though and quality much better than price suggests – if they could get stock sorted it would be perfect.

cp

stock is all over the place! the the online status is a true reflection.

Aside from that, the kit is very very good. I have a down jacket, bivvy bag and head torch. All totally bargainacious.

wl
    Free Member

Sounds like a general thumbs up then. Cheers.

manton69

If you want a good nights sleep I can recommend their 75mm thick sleep mat. My missus sleeps like a log on it and therefore does not wake me, or the kids up complaining about not sleeping in the tent.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

got one of their down bags – the half zip 780g ones which are no longer made. 6 weeks round iceland, was almost too warm… in fact its so warm i sometimes wish i'd got one not as warm…

got a down jacket too which is nearly 4 years old now, very nice, still used regularly.

also got a bouldering mat of theirs which i need to use more…

top stuff, bottom prices.
    ace.

Gordy
    Free Member

Not as good as the top-end stuff that costs hundreds more but it's damn good stuff. Damn wonderful stuff at the price really.

MoreCashThanDash

Got the little lantern based on the review in the mag, and it has been excellent – currently serving as the shed light in the storage shed.

They are local to me so I'm biased, but they have been very helpful when I've contacted them and popped in

muddy@rseguy

Ive got a Hunka bivvy bag, loads of dry bags, a couple of Slim Airic sleeping mats, a Lantern and a Gamma Headtorch. All are really really good, seem to be lasting well after a fair amount of use/abuse and are flippin good value. I cant complain about the stock levels as they seem to get new kit in reasonably quick. My first order from them had a nice handwritten "thank-you" on the invoice too!

Hopefully Santa will bring me a down sleeping bag too 🙂

dmiller
    Free Member

My first order from them had a nice handwritten "thank-you" on the invoice too!

Yeah I got that too – its actually a really nice touch isn't it? 🙂

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Gamma headtorch and some water repelling jeans. Though they don't do much repelling after a couple of washes… They do dry MUCH quicker than normal untreated denim though.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Got a pair of jeanius jeans and they are great. Seem to be well made and v comfortable.

BigJohn

1 Across is still bugging me. …T / A…. / .P.R.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Is Alpkit gear any good?’ is closed to new replies.