Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Is airshot pump worth it?
  • wolfenstein
    Free Member

..right, my ghetto soda bottle pump is not doing what its supposed to do anymore, thinking of getting airshot pump in CRC..seems like worthy investment long term.. any personal reviews from owners here?

butlerjamesp
    Free Member

I’ve used one for a while, they are good, 170psi and you can seat a tyre some compressors struggle with!

wolfenstein
    Free Member

170psi? I think that would make my nobby nics split to a thousand pieces 😯 .. 30psi will do with my ghetto soda pump before…but yesterday the compressed air wont transfer to the tyre in one go.

Is there a pressure gauge in the airshot tank? I cant find it from the photos online if it has one.

colournoise

No pressure gauge on the tank. I use the one on my track pump when I’m priming the tank…

sirromj

The chamber for tubeless tyres on one of the track pumps on CRC could go up to 240psi.

fieldini
    Free Member

Well worth it in my opinion. Seats tyres with no issues or stress!

fifeandy
    Free Member

Yeah, they are expensive for what they are, but i needed one in a hurry as after topping fluid up in my tyres a week before Relentless last year i couldnt get them to reseat. Airshot popped them right back on first time. Seems to be a well built bit of kit, so should pay me back in hours of saved frustration in the long run.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Slight hijack…

Anyone used both the Airshot and the Bontrager Flash pump?
    £20 price difference. Either better?

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Never tried an Airshot but have a Topeak blaster on order from my LBS. They lent me their Bontrager for the weekend and it worked perfectly, but I thin has Topeak is a better design as you can bypass the chamber completely when in normal pump mode whereas the Bontrager always has it connected so you need to pressurise that as well as your tyres when using it normally.

If you already have a decent track pump then Airshot is probably the way to go.

Yak

Yes, well worth it as long as you already have a track pump that get to 140psi or so.

johnw1984
    Free Member

I’ve got a Flash Charger just because I needed a decent track pump and wanted stress free tubeless.

It’s been great so far!

zippykona

Can you let he air out of an air shot slowly?
    I need to blow the dust out of the cooling fins on our chocolate cabinet.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

wolfenstein – Member
    170psi? I think that would make my nobby nics split to a thousand pieces .. 30psi will do with my ghetto soda pump before

(P1*V1)/T1=(P2*V2)/T2
    Pressure is dependant on volume, the airshot is smaller than your tyre so about 120psi in that = 30psi in a 26″ – very rough calc

Can you let he air out of an air shot slowly?

You could turn the tap slightly?

Anyway on the airshot great bit of kit, just works.

orangespyderman

I’ll go out on a limb and say no. I can seat most of my tubeless with a track pump once the beads have been soaped, and when I can’t I use CO2. That hasn’t so far happened very often and for the cost of an airshot I can buy one helluva lot of CO2 cartridges.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Some sealants say specifically not to use CO2, it causes them to dry up.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I assume once beaded you let the air out add sealant then pump up as normal?

Personally I just use a fire extinguisher- same principle more air – longer to charge but still at about 120 PSI after seating a rim and much cheaper than the air shot- handy if a mate has a compressor to charge it mind.

pipiom
    Free Member

Airshot FTW for me

jamj1974

Yes. I love mine. Simple to use and very effective.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Is airshot pump worth it?’ is closed to new replies.