Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Is a soundbar at the sub £150.00 price bracket any good?
  • gravitysucks
    Free Member

Just moved in to my own place and literally have nothing at the mo. The silence is deafening! I’m contemplating getting a soundbar that I could use with the TV and xbox that could play music from my phone as well.

I’d love to get something like a sonos sound bar but realistically can’t justify dropping a lot of money when I don’t even have a sofa yet!

I’ve seen a few in places like tesco etc for less than £100.00 but are they going to be any cop at this price point? I’m no audiophile but I don;t want to drop money on something that sounds gash!

Any experience around this price bracket or recommendations please!?

theotherjonv

Better than the internal speakers on a flat screen telly.

Richer Sounds have a few deals on currently on soundbars and soundbases

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Canton DM50 here. Amazing thing. Love it. Unless you’re seriously into surround and home cinema, it does everything you need, and sounds great. Over budget, but have a look on ebay, there’s one on there now at £77 auction, 10 hours to go.

madxela
    Free Member

got a samsung one to match TV in a large open plan kitchen diner – difference was amazing, less than £100 and included sub woofer, blue tooth from phones etc brilliant.

chakaping
    Free Member

I got a Roth one from Tesco for £70 or £80, it’s pretty good for the TV – with a few annoying quirks.

But if I were wanting it for music playback too I’d look at a “soundbase”.

This one looks promising…
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/soundbars-sound-base/yamaha/srt700/yama-srt700-blk

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

What chapaking said – about £70 open box from Tesco. Makes a big difference to the telly but I don’t use it for music, don’t think it would be great.
    Richer Sounds might be worth looking at. Have a look at the Clearnce section.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Cheers everyone.
    That Yamaham looks a goer and gets some good reviews so think i’ll take a punt on that. Had a couple of Yamaha stereos and amps in the past and always be really happy with them

hora
    Free Member

I bought a decent soundbar then took it back for a refund. My other TV is a giant B&O and it made it sound appalling in comparison. So I bought the Cambridge Soundbase. A million times better, not as good as the B&O of course but still noticeably way better. Just £50 more too.

The thing is for decent sound you also need a separate base box etc.

Or Gumtree etc for secondhand surround sound systems?

rockhopper70

I’ve got a denon dht t1000 and really rate it.
    That was £129 from the superfi eBay outlet.

Way way better than the Sony tv speakers, has Bluetooth for phones andiPads and a learning remote control so to control works it.

Recommended,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Is a soundbar at the sub £150.00 price bracket any good?’ is closed to new replies.