Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Is a Reign X a good bike for taking to the alps??
  • wavejumper
    Free Member

I’m off to the alps in the summer and currently ride a reign. Question is I have been offered a 2009 reign x2 and was wondering if it would be a decent choice for Les Arcs??
    I’m sure it probably overkill for round here (I ride Afan, Cwmcarn etc.) and I’m sure it’s heavier but will it stand me in better stead when I’m mixing it up with those frenchies? 😕
    Thoughts please…..

mboy
    Free Member

As good as any

I bought my old Reign X after several trips to the Alps, and reckon it would have probably been the ideal bike for most of the riding out there. Sadly not been back and didn’t get to take it!

The frames about 1lb heavier than a Reign, rest of the build kit will probably add another couple of lbs I expect depending what it’s built with. They’re a bit slacker, longer, lower and more stable though. Rode my old one at Afan and Cwm Carn a few times amongst other places, not the fastest bike up, but plenty fun on the downs.

wavejumper
    Free Member
    kayak23

I’ve been out to Morzine twice on my standard Reign. It was fine, so imagine an ‘x’ would be great. Or, how about sticking an offset bushing in your Reign and a coil shock and go for that…

toys19
    Free Member

it will be fine. The alps doesnt have a special mode which is more rad than here. Plenty of uk tracks with as much gnarr as the alps, they are just longer..

ibis
    Free Member

Mate of mine used one in whistler last year and no probs it should be fine

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Is a Reign X a good bike for taking to the alps??’ is closed to new replies.