Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Is a nurse a registered medical professional?
  • vinnyeh

I need some passport photos signed urgently and a nurse is going to be handiest… ta.

druidh
    Free Member

A practising nurse has to be registered.

MSP

I have signed passport photos, does that make me a registered medical profesional?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Strictly speaking no – but they should be OK to sign the passport photos

rOcKeTdOg

make sure they put there phone number too…..just in case like 😉

MSP

Oh and IMO the passport signing rules are a clear indication that we are still very much living in a class based society, where certain jobs are deemed to have a higher social standing and be more honest than the rest of us.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Not purely so MSP – the thing about being part of a registered profession such as medicine or nursing is that you are able to be traced easily if there are any issues as the registering body has your name address and employer

Drac

Or it could be that it's easy to check to see if this person really does the job they claim as the registration is public domain.

bruneep

I can do it, apparently I'm on the chosen list. You can trust me 😉

vinnyeh

thanks all.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

A Registered nurse can sign passport photos, as we've had to prove our identity many times in order to get registered. We're not registered medical practitioners, as that means doctors/surgeons.

One advantage in getting a nurse to sign you passport stuff is that we don't/can't charge, unlike doctors who can/do charge to sign passport stuff.

MSP

If you read the rules it states

"Your countersignatory should be a professional person or a person of good standing in the community. The list that follows gives examples of the type of person that would be suitable."

The list includes registered and unregistered jobs.

vinnyeh

MSP, It's not a UK passport. The list specifies 'registered medical professional', which was which was why I was querying.

MSP

Yeh I was just going off at a tangent.

Drac

The list includes registered and unregistered jobs.

Well so it does, maybe they know that some jobs the people just aren't trustworthy.

konabunny
    Free Member

It's not a UK passport. The list specifies 'registered medical professional', which was which was why I was querying.

??? Kind of an important detail, don't you think? Depends on whatever the country you're talking about considers a registered medical professional.

Drac

He's not wanting them for a passport.

It could be for a professional ID, firearms, shotgun licence or CRB check.

Shakey
    Free Member

I have signed passport photo's and I'm not a registered nurse. I do run my own company which is one of the categories on the list!

firestarter
    Free Member

bruneep you can ive done a few 😉 mmmm the power lol

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Nurses registrations are probably not internationally valid, if I went to work overseas I'd need to re-register. Having said that for the purposes of form signing, my status could still be tracked quite easily via the NMC website.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Is a nurse a registered medical professional?’ is closed to new replies.