Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Is a Hope headset worth 50 quid more than Cane Creek?
  • eckinspain
    Free Member

I am about (finally) to order my Soul frame. I’m trying to keep costs down and so was just going to get the Cane Creek Loose Ball headset on it. The next step up is a Hope one for nearly 50 quid more (I´m certainly not paying 100 quid for CK).

Am I going to be horribly disappointed with the Cane Creek one (I mean, what exactly can go wrong with a cheaper headset)?

scruff
    Free Member

FSA extreme pro £40 on CRC.

eckinspain
    Free Member

I’m choosing between the Hope and the Cane Creek because Cotic will fit it before they send out the frame which just saves me some hassle.

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

Having had CK for years I changed to a Cane Creek S8 4 or 5 bikes ago after my 5 month old 36 Talas had a nice etch ground into the steerer- brilliant for the money (£25), great build quality and rebuildable

Seamus
    Free Member

I had the cane creek loose ball fitted to my roadrat and it is very cheap and flimsy looking, nothing like the S8 on my FS bike. Saying that it is smooth enough and has lasted so far. Given the choice again I would go for the Hope, or fit one myself – it isn’t difficult.

eckinspain
    Free Member

Saying that it is smooth enough and has lasted so far

Good – I’ve just ordered my Soul with one!

tcas146
    Free Member

I have a Fsa XL2 on my Soul, good quality sealed bearings. About £20 on ebay.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Is a Hope headset worth 50 quid more than Cane Creek?’ is closed to new replies.