Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Is a 19" PA too big for me?
  • scottfitz
    Free Member

I’m 5’10/5’11 Is a 19″ Dialled Prince Albert to big for me or should i wait for a 17″ to come up?

yunki
    Free Member

depends how big yer willy is..

ba dum tish

IGMC

scottfitz
    Free Member

depends how big yer willy is..

Like a Amanita jacksonii

yunki
    Free Member

ah yeah… me too 😳

Yetiman
    Free Member

In my opinion I’d wait for a 17”. I’m nearly 6’ 2” and I spent 3 happy years on a 17” PA, although I did have to compromise by using a layback post.

dyna-ti

I’d say wait till the 17 comes along
    You’ll spend more in the long run trying to get the correct layback post or stem or risers and even then you wont be happy and it will niggle at your brain and drive you mental[er].

scottfitz
    Free Member

Thanks- Yetiman & dyna-ti 17″ it is then

nedrapier

Sounds like you’ve decided already, but to make you feel better about it, I’m 5’11 on a 17in and very happy on it. I asked dialled Mike about the right size for my 6’1/6’2″ mate, and he said 19″ if he’s a wheels-on the ground type, 17″ if he’s going to enjoy throwing it around in the air.

So at 3″ shorter, it sounds like you’d have more fun on the 17.

thorlz
    Free Member

I have just what you are after. I bought a 17″PA last June and always felt it was a touch too big for me (5’8). As such I have just bought and built up a 15.5″.

This means I have a 17″PA frame for sale.
    Orange and in good condition bar one scratch on RHS downtube from a pedal rub during transport and the usual rub marks around the headtube.
    Comes with HT2 bottom bearing and cane creek 10 headset (needs cleaning up).

£165 posted?. Email me for pictures/details.ex

bthorlz75@gmail.com

Edit: forgot to say it is the 725 tubing

thorlz
    Free Member

nedrapier

I love it when a plan comes together! Hope it’s the right colour…

Scott, you need a 17″.

If you want a 725 version, a used buy is your only option now as they’re no longer in production.

The 853 Classic is the current model (and 17″ are in stock).

stanfree
    Free Member

I’m 5’9″ and ride a 15″ frame as I previously had a 17″ 456 which never felt right. It can be a pain on long climbs but handles better going downhill with a smaller frame. Great hardtails though. 🙂

scottfitz
    Free Member

thorlz YGM

scottfitz
    Free Member

Thanks for the info mike. Is the 853 Classic still £295?

Dickyboy

another vote for 17″ here I initially bought a 19″ & then sold it, bought a 17″ & its great – looks a bit odd with so much seatpost showing but rides & handles great – I am a shade under 6ft.

thorlz
    Free Member

Scott, YGM,
    let me know if the pictures have come through or if they need compressing.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Ok next Question I have a set of 150mm fox floats spaced to 110mm what should I space then to for Aggressive XC, 130mm, 140mm, or back to 150mm?
    What’s everyone got and at what height?

CalamityJames
    Free Member

I only had mine for a short while and it was excellent. 5’10” on a 17″ was perfect. Ran mine with 140 Floats and it was spot on, though many will say 120-130 is desirable…

Scott, the PA Classic frames are now £425 (the £295 was a pre-order special).

Most people tend to run 110mm – 140mm travel on Prince Alberts.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Scott, the PA Classic frames are now £425 (the £295 was a pre-order special).

Most people tend to run 110mm – 140mm travel on Prince Alberts. OK thanks I’m going to buy thorlz.
    P.S I have a holeshot too and i love it, the most fun i have ever had on a bike 😀

accu
    Free Member

mike..any info for the long travel PAs..?

I´m very happy with my PA classic,
    but really looking forward to th LT PA !!

HantsNightRider
    Free Member

Scott,
    I am 5 10/11 and the 17 is perfect with 140 44’s
    I’m in Froyle (home of the gravity project) if you want to try it for size
    Although I do need to finish putting the new headset in first though, if I can get the old cup out
    Martin

lee93
    Free Member

I’m just on with building up a P/A In orange
    I went with the 17 I’m 5/7 had a demo on the one up at Whinlatter really good fun to ride

They had 140 forks but I’m going to run mine with 120 as I’ve got some sitting in the garage
    1×10 shimano zee group set new for 2013
    With nukeproof and hope wheels

You could always look at the dialled alpine??

Yetiman
    Free Member

Mine was good with 130mm Bombers, but even better with 145mm Manitou Nixons. The Nixons had travel adjust which I thought would be useful on really steep climbs but to be perfectly honest I hardly used it…the PA climbed ok at full travel.

Accu – unfortunately not. I’m spinning too many plates at once at the moment what with the Mk3 Alpine and PA29 in testing, and the launch of a new “race only” BMX brand (Factory Team Bikes), which has taken off quicker than I thought it would.

There’s even a PA-LT sitting in the warehouse doing nowt at the moment if someone wants to be a test rider. I think it’s a large/19″ frame.

Swayndo
    Free Member

I’m 6’and have had a couple of 17″ PAs … perfect size. Had a 19″ MG and it was definitely too big for me.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Think I will go for my forks at 140. Cheers everyone for your help.
    Mk3 alpine sound good too 🙂

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Is a 19" PA too big for me?’ is closed to new replies.