Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • IS 6am too early for builders?
  • fr0sty
    Free Member

..to be dropping stuff down a chute into a giant reverberating skip, in a residential (yet town centre) location?

Seems a bit early, even if it is considered town centre (small spa town, btw, usually v quiet)

Guess I’ll stay awake then…

stumpyjon

Yep, 7am weekdays in my opinion. When I worked on the bins years ago th wagons weren’t allowed to leave the yard before 7.

wallop

Yes.

Of the work is subject to planning then it’s likely there are restrictions on working hours.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Yep that’s a piss take, and I’m a builder. I’d be ringing the council. Had them arrive on my jobs a couple of times due to late night power floating so they do take it seriously.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Only exception is urgent utilities work or closing a huge road to lift/move something that would cause a big disruption in normal hours.

fr0sty
    Free Member

Council phoned and polite (ish) voicemail left requesting a call back assuring me that this will not happen again tomorrow.

Not happy!

totalshell

there are no building regs relating to the time of day work can be done… only applicable if it were a condition of planning or if work is causing a disturbance. and frankly the later takes so long to prove for the council that you rely on the good will of the contractor to keep it quiet before what you agree is a reasonable hour.

teef
    Free Member

On the plus side – the earlier they start work the sooner the job will be finished.

Sandwich

If it’s a biggish builder they could fall foul of the considerate construction scheme rules.
    Laings discovered the hard way that annoying residents by working early has consequences. They were booted off the approved list for Southwark for taking the pee. They don’t get to be principal contractor on any job in the borough.

jon1973
    Free Member

How do you expect them to fit in a 3 hour lunch if they don’t start early?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘IS 6am too early for builders?’ is closed to new replies.