Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Is 6 weeks too young….
  • loddrik
    Free Member

For a puppy to leave the litter?

mrben100
    Free Member

8 Weeks generally considered to be the norm.

Taff
    Free Member

8 weeks is the norm. My father in law was given a 6 week old kitten a few months ago and it dies within a week. I think 8-10 weeks for any animal

sharkbait
    Free Member

Yes. If the breeder is happy to let the puppy go at 6 weeks then I’m walk away.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

8 weeks for a pup.

Generally 12 weeks for a kitten (OP, you have Siamese if I recall?).

kevin1911

Never too early to get them putting their litter in the bin. Little tykes 🙂

IGMC

richc
    Free Member

Yes, if you get it at that age you are going to have loads of problems; including some huuggggggggggeeeeeeeeeee vets bills.

Are you buying it from a puppy farm?

Here’s a quote that should help, explain why:

The best age to acquire a puppy is between the ages of 7 and 12 weeks. Puppies go though a socialization sensitive period between the ages of approximately 21 days to 16 weeks. This period is also called The Critical Socialization Period or The Learning Period or Stage. We can see that if you get your puppy at 12 weeks, you will only have four weeks to socialize the puppy to your lifestyle and the world in which it lives.

Socialization training is one of the biggest factors in preventing behaviour problems associated with many kinds of stress. This stress is often displayed as fear. A major reason for aggression in adult dogs is fear.

This combination of fear and aggression can often be prevented by properly socializing a puppy while it’s going through the critical socialization period. Many of the things that a dog learns in this period will influence the rest of its life.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Is 6 weeks too young….’ is closed to new replies.