Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Is 2×9 just for xc jeyboys?
  • toxicsoks
    Free Member

I switched to a 36/22 + bash setup about 3 months ago with 11 – 32 at the back. Since I rarely used the 44t offroad it seemed sensible for me. Considering swapping the 22 for a 24.

njee20
    Free Member

Oli Beckingsale was running a single ring last week at the Dalby NPS, he won the Elite race, so not being able to go fast enough is seemingly not a huge issue!

james
    Free Member

But what size single ring was he running?
    If it was just the big ring he was using (tinker jaurez stylee) then maybe top speed wouldn’t have been an issue

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    njee20
    Free Member

34 or maybe 36, not too sure.

kiwi_stu
    Free Member

Check out the weight weenies MTB forum for information on these 2×9 XC chainsets… some great information 😆

Nick, you run a 2×9 chainset of your s-works epic don’t you, I think I remember seeing picture you posted, what spider are you using with your cranks?

njee20
    Free Member

Just the stock one, use an Extralite 30t inner ring with the spider filed to fit, and a normal TA Chinook 42t outer.

When the Extralite wears out I’m tempted to put a 28t ‘inner’ ring, with the 42t outer, we shall see.

Edit: hopefully you can see that, they’ve changed the file names of fotopic shots, sorry if you get the no direct linking thing!

Dougal
    Free Member

Oli Becks was running a 38T ring, and one of those new fancy 12-36 cassettes that all the midget 29er riders have been shouting for.

Prefer keeping all three of my chain rings, just in case. The weight loss is near-silly, though I do fancy the idea of something like 26-36-44 rather than 22-32-44.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Nothing lightweight or jey about my 2×9. E 13 drs weighs more than a granny i’m pretty sure and stops my chain coming off like it used to when i ran a triple.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Is 2×9 just for xc jeyboys?’ is closed to new replies.