Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Is 26" wheels dead.. Can't sell my trek.
  • HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Your eBay advert isn’t that great.

Put the full bike name in the title (and capitalise it properly too).

List the spec, and the condition of all the bits, close up pics of drive train etc etc

If you’re willing to post it, do it properly and put a price in the listing. People will just skip over the ad if it says “collection only” even if you say you’ll box it up in the listing.

At the moment with a title of “trek fuel” and a description that basically wants you to pay cash and says “used once, genuine bike”, lots of people will probably think its stolen due to lack of knowledge on the part of you, the seller.

craig78
    Free Member

HoratioHufnagel cheers will rectify tomorrow.

mattbee

Can we not do something about these tiresome stealth adverts?
    OP, it’s a Trek. Anyone who actually wants one probably bought it new, everyone else will only buy one if its dirt cheap & yours isn’t. How much do 2nd hand Mondeos go for in relation to new ones? Use that as a guide to pricing.

craig78
    Free Member

Thanks for all responses. The Q as been well answered. That all folks

hora
    Free Member

You left it in the shed for a reason

Northwind

26 is pretty dead but for XC bikes it’s double mega super dead sadly- 29ers had them on the ropes even before 650b came along. Heavier duty bikes are still more sellable but still getting harder, I normally like to keep spares and options but everything 26 I have now is either getting cleared out, or getting ridden til it catches fire.

It’s pretty gutting though, I sold 2 sets of lovely XC wheels for under half what they were worth 6 months previously, similiarly lost £100 off my Sids.

Oh… And fair dos, it’d be fairly hard to do a thread like this without posting the bike, and for all it could be a bit sale-ey it’s not quite that simple I don’t think

craig78
    Free Member

Only gone and sold it. eBay. £800 so the guys who said the price was high! Thanks! Sold for what it was worth! Good to see it gone and it will be used! Tokens for pike forks now!!!!! Thanks guys! Some useful words!

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Is 26" wheels dead.. Can't sell my trek.’ is closed to new replies.