Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Is 2 people and 2 bike bags in a standard Ford Focus possible?
  • Leku
    Free Member

Hiring a car for a trip. I think it is but have been asked to check.

Back seats down. 2 decent sized soft bike bags and 2 bits of hand luggage.

Driving about 1 & 1/2 hours.

funkybaj
    Free Member

Piece of cake.

kimbers

I reckon I could get 3 in if I had to !

dantsw13

As long as the length of the bike bags is less than the length of the luggage space you’ll be fine.

You may need your seats further forward than usual – I’m not sure how long the space is – google will tell you.

toppers3933
    Free Member

I used to have an 08 plate focus and we frequently got 3 people and 3 bikes in it. It was snug but not uncomfortable.( or so i was told by the passengers, i had a nice roomy drivers seat! ) 😀

davidjey
    Free Member

That’ll be doable in anything bigger than a smart car/daewoo matiz really. I used to hire cars to go MTBing a lot, often with a friend in tow, and never bothered to get anything bigger than group B (? Corsa/Clio size).

ads678

Easy peasey lemon sqeezey! Mate does it in an Audi A3 all the time.

althepal

No probs.. I can get two bikes (with front wheels off) and gear in my focus with the back seats down no probs..
    Sometimes need to put the front passenger seat forward a few clicks but that’s with back wheels and saddlesstill on with gear as well..
    Could prob manage three bikes and riders with both wheels off..

trail_rat
    Free Member

depends on the bag

planet X / CRC bags – not a hope on this earth – they only just fitted in the van length ways…..

if its for driving to the airport i would put the bikes in the car as normal and fold up the bags as best possible then pack at the airport.

if its just for a trip i wouldnt bother with the bike bag at all .

Northwind

Aye, depends on the bag, but mine goes in a mk2 hatch no bother, 2 the same size also would be no bother.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Is 2 people and 2 bike bags in a standard Ford Focus possible?’ is closed to new replies.