Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Is 18months too young for a balance bike?
  • snownrock

Eldest son has worked his way from an early rider spherovelo at about 14 months to a toddle bike at 18 months and then onto a IB Rothan at 22 months. He was straight onto the balance bike and hasn’t stopped and is now scarily proficient at 26 months.

I would highly recommend the toddle bike for those that aren’t quite ready for a Balance bike, our son loved his and still uses it in the house.

Kahurangi

Certainly didn’t intend my reply as a one-up, apologies if it came across that way

Not my boys, can’t take credit for the fact they’re more rad than the average STW’er 😉

I thought I’d be providing an alternative view as I felt most posters were suggesting that 18 months was too early.

Buzzlightyear
    Free Member

I got my boy a Puky Lino for his first birthday, he didn’t really get the knack of it till he was about 18months. I do believe that this is what gave him the skill of steering and using his feet to gain momentum, it also taught him to coast.

I then got him a Frog Tadpole at 18months but he was to small for it till about 22months. Hes now just turned 2 and he’s really good at it, to the point he scares me, especially as he doesn’t understand “go left” or “slow down”. He’s had a good few tank slappers now which normally ends up with him lying on top of it.

Get a Puky Lino, my son still flys round on his round the house. We have wooden floor downstairs, the speed he navigates round furniture is impressive to watch imo, his mother doesn’t think the same.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    aracer
    Free Member

Pah, my youngest daughter, who hasn’t even been conceived yet, let alone born will probably be teaching your lad how to ride, as she’s currently out in the Alps working towards being an instructor.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Is 18months too young for a balance bike?’ is closed to new replies.