Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Is 16.5″ Maxlight Easton XCII frame too big?
  • bullit
    Free Member

Getting a lighter frame upgrade for the girlfriends bike and considering the Maxlight Easton XCII on offer in CRC. She is 5 foot 5 inches and currently rides a 15″ frame but feels it is a bit too small for her. Therefore Im thinking 16 or 16.5″ frame but I reckon a 17″ frame would be too big for her??? Would a Maxlight 16.5″ frame be too large for her, or should I go for the Merlin 15″ team TIG frame for about the same price? Any suggestions, experiences or recommendations????
    Cheers

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Reach is far more important than seattube length. But it does sound about right.

Keva
    Free Member

I’ve got a 16.5 maxlight xc pro which fits me perfectly. I’m 5’4″ with 30in inside leg (jeans measurement)

I also ride a 15in Rock Lobster which fits, smallest possible fit mind, seat right back.

I also ride a 16in Ti 456 which fits, largest possible fit, seat forwards on that one.

I wouldn’t buy a 17in frame for myself, too big.

Kev

Keva
    Free Member

ps… remember women are usually slightly longer in the legs and tend to be shorter in the body than blokes, so top tube length is important to remember. (as above)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Is 16.5″ Maxlight Easton XCII frame too big?’ is closed to new replies.