Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Irwell sculpture trail
  • D0NK

Thinking of using this to get from ringley to edenfield tonight, apart from being flat (and boring?) is it an OK route? Decent surface, easy to follow without having to keep checking my map, not infested with gates etc etc?

wors

Decent surface

it goes past my work, i'm gonna put tacks all over the path 👿

D0NK

cheers jase 🙂 , you guys out tonight? Might be over rivi way for 7/8ish.

wors

think Dave is, my front brake is knackered so will be sorting that later. It's all canal tow path from radcliffe to bury, which way are you going to edenfield?

LapSteel
    Free Member

Dont know but I'm interested to find out so can you post your findings tomorrow? that would be great, cheers Ta

Ive been on some bits of it north of Ramsbottom and its OK in parts. It just incorporates existing paths/singletrack/bridalways etc so I imagine it would be quite interesting…watch out for nettles and hogweed

D0NK

route = all the way up the irwell to chatterton then road to edenfield across Irwell vale to ravenshore and up to peel tower….I think, not 100% yet.

wors

from chatterton there is a disused railway line that takes you up to holcombe, then you can go up the steep cobbled road to the bottomm of peel tower.

D0NK

been up that cobbled rd before, not fun, ravenshore is a good way to get oop ont'moor.

wors

Oh, be careful on the canal tow path if it rains, a couple bits are off csmber and they are slippy as ****.

D0NK

Hmm well didn't exactly set my world alight. ringley to bury is well surfaced but boring not bad for commute or getting about without using roads, signage is a bit pants, got lost in bury. Bury to nuttall park is a bit more interesting but loads of gates and steps (and lack of signage again) It was raining hard by then so went straight up holcombe instead of carrying on. Probably won't use the route again TBH.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Irwell sculpture trail’ is closed to new replies.