Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Irvine, Scotland – any way marked trails near by?
  • littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

If the white stuff up there isn’t too horrendous, I’m likely to be in Irvine on Tuesday/Wednesday next week and would love to take the bike up.

Is there any way marked riding close by, or trails that would be super easy to follow on an OS Map? I’ll be on my own so don’t want anything too long/remote.

Suggestions most welcome 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’m local, and backshift this week, so if you fancy a spin, It’d be the morning.

druidh
    Free Member

Your best bet might be to head to Drumlanrig on the way up or down. You’ll probably be passing it anyway (assuming you come off the M74 at Lockerbie and head straight to Irvine)

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer Nobeer, much appreciated! However, I wont know until late on Tuesday what’s happening work wise in the unit, so it’ll be difficult to arrange anything.

Cheers druidh, I’ll look into that 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

No prob, let me know anyway, I’m free on wednesday. Got a great local ride that involves climbing up to 1100 feet, then descending all the way to sea level, with views (weather permitting!) over to Arran, and sometimes Jura.

Sweet.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Oh,and if you go to Drumlanrig, follow route 5 for the red, but where route 8 is signed, take that, it’s the black addition. Great place btw.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Or do all of the red and then go round again and add the black bits. That way you don’t miss any red bits and get two goes at some of the bits.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

I’ve been told I’ll hate Drumlanrig because the climbs are far too techy…..

Can I ride up blue bits and down black bits?

(Edit, sorry, I know that’s picky!)

druidh
    Free Member

Ok – I ain’t been there for a couple of years, but I can’t say I recall any “techy” climbs? Someone want to jog my memory?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

There’s not really any techy climbs that I can think of, there’s no long climbs, it’s a lovely ‘pedally’ place.

Think of your local woods, but about 18 miles long!.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Ah, that all sounds awesome then!

😀

Alcopop
    Free Member

was at Drumlanrig last week trails were great cant think of any long techy climbs as nobeer says
    just like your local woods …if Carlsberg made your local woods

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Irvine, Scotland – any way marked trails near by?’ is closed to new replies.