Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Irrefutable proof surely……(league vs union, singlespeed content)
  • mrben100
    Free Member

…..that rugby union is better than league.

Got this months Men's Fitness (April 2010), and they have a fitness face-off between league and union………low and behold union won! 🙂

Finally league players/spectators cannot hide behind 'its more physical/intense' and just admit that they watch/play the game because there aren't many rules so it's easier for them to understand.

Come to think of it I bet singlespeeders are probably league followers – not understanding geared bikes/union due to all those complicated gears/rules. Bet they even drive automatic transmission cars.

Next time you see a singlespeeder, don't think wow they must be superhuman, take sustinance in fact they are probably league watching, simple-minded, automatic driving wimps.

Conclusive proof if ever there has been, I am sure you agree! 😉

ahwiles
    Free Member

union + single-speeding here.

i wonder if there's a correlation between people who buy 'Mens Fitness' and people who don't understand single-speeding…

(insert 'single-speeders-are-real-men-who-don't-buy-magazines-telling-them-how-to-be-more-masculine' comment here)

X

backhander
    Free Member

I'm a union fan but mens fitness is a shite boring mag.

Philby

Rugby League fans don't buy Men's Fitness!

League fans actually watch the game because generally its quite exciting to watch.

Problem with union is that too many penalties are given for misdemeanours in rucks and scrums which most of the spectators can't see. Oh and kicking it backwards and forwards to each other for large portions of the game.

midlifecrashes

I'd come to the conclusion that Men's Health and Men's Fitness were just mags for folk who didn't want to be seen buying Attitude or GT.

bassspine
    Free Member

Poorly trolled.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Sounds to me like Rugby Union is "sport for trainspotters"…

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

totally agree…

… now, is rugby the one with the wrong shaped squashed football and carrot ears?

mrben100
    Free Member

As I suspected might happen. No-one actually disagreeing with my point, just criticising my reading material……..interesting. 🙄

That's right Stu…….its the game where players spend the whole game pretending not to be injured, as opposed to football which tends to be quite the opposite.

Philby……… you're practically proving my point (was that the itention?), so tactics, territory, quick shifts in possession not exciting?

I am sure 6 tackles and a try (usually kick) for 80minutes is not repetative or mind numbing at all. 😕

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Irrefutable proof surely……(league vs union, singlespeed content)’ is closed to new replies.