Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Irish biking from Dublin? Enduro rooty loamy singletrack?
  • 5plusn8
    Free Member

A moment of work serendipity is going to see me on the outskirts of in Dublin tomorrow, with 4 days to spare and my bike!
    I was looking at Ballinastoe and Ticknock, there are some official trails Any good? I wondered if anyone can point me towards the loamy singletrack fun…

feed

Give me a call or text on +353 (0)86 8226421 Friday evening if you’d like a Sat morning guided tour of the delights of Ticknock including all the unofficial stuff and of course followed by a pint in the Blue Light Pub.

Won’t be an early start as there are pints being had on Fri night, work mate finishing up after 10 years and ano turning 40.

I’ll be taking the new bike out for it’s maiden voyage (Orbea Rallon x10 purchased 2 weeks ago in the Cycle Surgery bike give away).

Ticknock has lots of excellent trails, mainly shorter runs and some of the longer runs have been flattened by felling. Ballinastoe is also good. Djouce (close to Ballinastoe) or Carrick (EWS trails) are probably best. Carrick is a 40 min drive from Dublin and the trails can be harder to find. They’re probably all on Strava.

5plusn8
    Free Member

Hi Feed,
    You are extremely generous thank you. However Sat is the one day I cannot ride. Could you do Sunday and we will buy you lunch/supper?

feed

‘fraid I can’t do Sunday, it’s my wife’s birthday and I promised my 11yo daughter that I’d help her bake a cake !!!!!!!

Stick a post up on our Club forum and I’m sure one of the other club members would be happy to show you around.
    http://madmtb.com/forum/

There also a club spin on leaving Djouce car park at 9:30, heading to Ballinastoe and back to Djouce. This is a great route, If you’re interested I’ll let Ronan (who posted it) know that you’ll be along.

5plusn8
    Free Member

Oh thats on Sunday?

GregMay
    Free Member

I’d second feed – get to Djouce on Sunday, it won’t disappoint.

I miss my old stomping grounds sometimes.

5plusn8
    Free Member

OK we are there. I hope you can tolerate fat and slow… Cheers.

5plusn8
    Free Member

So I was planning to ride carrick on friday, but I notice the enduro champs is there sat are we going to be in the way or any trails closed in advance?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Irish biking from Dublin? Enduro rooty loamy singletrack?’ is closed to new replies.