Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Ireland v South Africa
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You gotta love beating the Boks. Hopefully the Welsh might make it a NH double.

Great performance from Johnathan Sexton too.

DezB
    Free Member

Most enjoyable game. I do so enjoy seeing the bullies bullied. and how much they whinge about it.
    Ireland are really lucky to have found a replacement for O'Gara who can do so much more than kick too.
    O'Driscoll – makes me wish I was Irish 🙂

backhander
    Free Member

Chuffed for the Irish, a well deserved win. I love seeing the saffas lose.
    I really really hope the aussies thrash Wales.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I only caught the second half Dez, but agree with you completely. There's a massive of sense of, I dunno…almost relief in Ireland at the emergence of Sexton. His nurturing to international level (along with Tomás O'Leary) has been very well executed – despite excellent seasons for Leinster, and a definite dip in form by O'Gara in the 6N, they still kept him out of the limelight until he was ready. I think the England set-up could learn a lesson in their endless search for a new Johnny.

I really like Kidney's management style. He leaves the coaching to the experts and works on the spirit and heads of the team – always liked him at Munster too.

As for O'Driscoll – well, there's nothing one can say. Though, today, I think belonged to the forwards – as you say, really good fun to see the Boks being bullied and harried in possession – their whinging just makes it all the more enjoyable.

allthepies
    Free Member

Awesome result!

C'mon the Taffs.

tomzo
    Free Member

Has there ever been an irish game where it doesnt all come down to the last few minutes/seconds?? Good match!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Good to see Sexton play so well. Known him all his life and watched him grow-up. Smashing lad too.

backhander
    Free Member

Well done Australia. Great game.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The Aussies were outstanding today – looked like Wales could have been knocking all day and they weren't going to cross that line.

Pigface
    Free Member

Aussies very very good today, we got beaten by the better team. Cant complain. Paddies did very well.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Not having a laugh at the expense of the Welsh, but Gatland's and Edwards' faces were a sight for sore eyes.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Ireland v South Africa’ is closed to new replies.