• This topic has 45 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Irate wife problem
  • pallyally
    Free Member

I appreciate that this might be outwith the experience of the majority of STW members……..Wife hits the big Five-O in a couple of weeks. She asked me what I was arranging as a celebration. Assuming that wimmim prefer not to acknowledge their half century I indicated that I hadn’t planned anything special. Bad move! Cue hissy fit, tears, going in the huff etc etc. Anyway now that the meat & two veg have survived the knife attack I’m still no further forward. This may be my last ever posting unless I come up with something appropriate. Any advice / suggestions for an acceptable celebration ???

Smee
    Free Member

That sounds like the very definition of a no win situation.

markenduro
    Free Member

Leave her for a newer model

smartay

Oviously organise a Mountain bike weekend away with her, she’d love that!!

You better empty the knife draw 😆

stumpy01

Get her a huge cake in the shape of 100/2. She’ll love that. Then get her a card contratulating her on her half century.

Then run.

Does she want a party type thing or something just for you two? How much you willing to spend? Flight in a hot air balloon might be nice?

ilovetoridebikes
    Free Member

suprise party 😉
    invite friends and family

pallyally
    Free Member

markenduro…that’s the kind of “out the box” thinking I’m looking for. Now all I have to do is find some young nubette looking for an old bloke with hardly any hair and a big wobbly bit around the waist. Brilliant

nickc

How long have you been married to this woman? I only ask, as if she’s got to 50, perhaps you may know her likes/dislikes by now? Did you not think to ask a couple of months ago?

pallyally
    Free Member

stumpy01…Cake’s a good idea. Not willing to spend much although I suspect if I hired the Lowry Hotel in Manc. for the evening and invited all the friends & family it would be a solution. As I said not willing to spend much. And that’s not because I’m Scottish.

pallyally
    Free Member

nickc……Been engaged for 34 years and have two kids. Even after that time I haven’t got a clue how she works

ilovetoridebikes
    Free Member

engaged for 34 yrs? you should just marry her? surprise wedding?

roper
    Free Member

Does she have life insurance and have you been on a biking holiday?

pallyally
    Free Member

ilovetoridebikes…This is just where it gets stupid !!!I haven’t decided if I want to marry her. I want to keep my options open

pallyally
    Free Member

roper…Yes and yes. What are you thinking….A tall cliff?????

scottishcyclocross
    Free Member

surprise party in the local curry house. It worked for mine tho if she has told you she wants a party you are gubbed

nickc

Makes you look a tad stoopid, no?

After 34 years, you’ve no idea how the person you’ve spent the most time with clicks? No wonder the divorce rate is so high in this country.

Re-enforces what I read in that mid-life crisis thread though.

brakes
    Free Member

take her to a posh reasonable restaurant for a slap-up adequate meal
    then meet up with friends and family at her favourite pub the local for some champagne and cocktails beer and scratchings

pallyally
    Free Member

scottishcyclocross….That was the best I could come up with myself. All curry houses in England are by definition crap unfortunately so local is not an option. A weekend in Glasgow perhaps, book the Shish Mahal for 20 invite a few friends & family. And possibly a visit to Ae on the way back south.

pallyally
    Free Member

nickc… if there were more like me the divorce rate wouldn’t be very high actually

ilovetoridebikes
    Free Member

at least get her a very nice (expensive ) present if you cant be bothered to organise her a party or do her a favour and just leave her if you’ve been with her for 34 years with 2 kids and not considering marrying, keeping your options open whats that about lol

Smee
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure my wife would be irate too if she found out i’d been engaged to someone for 34 yrs and had two kids with them.

Bunnyhop

Can you get someone to look after juniors pallywally?

If so ,take her away somewhere. A weekend ( if funds allow), or a night in a good hotel, wine and decent food. Flowers waiting for her in the room. You know the sort of thing.

Don’t however book a male stripper. She may have a heart attack.

pallyally
    Free Member

Bunnyhop…I guess that’s Plan B. Leave the junior ally’s with the relatives and bugger off somewhere nice. I know a cracking bothy up in Glen Carron

roper
    Free Member

Why not treat her to some breast implants?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

New Washing Machine

stufield
    Free Member

make her a cup cake with a ring in it, ask her to marry you, (hope she doesn’t try and eat it breaking teeth)
    ——————–
    go to yha near coast pembrokshire is nice, beach drift wood fire, rug, bottle of wine, watch sun go down – ask her to marry you.
    ——————–

Failing that go out get drunk come home bladdered, get in bed say will you marry me piss yourself
    ——————–

Chances are she’ll take any of these options (well maybe not the last) and will cheer her up a bit.

alwyn
    Free Member

Take her to a cheap, tacky hotel and go out for a bike ride! She’d love that!

pallyally
    Free Member

Breast implants are the best suggestion yet!!!!!!! Roper has cracked it!!

rob2
    Free Member

Get her a new bike :o)

rob2
    Free Member

And breast implants :o)

jimmy

Surprise party… then, remind her of her hissy fit and say “Well, I couldn’t tell you could I?”. Cue, well, anything you want in adoration / apology etc

Spongebob
    Free Member

How about Base jumping? Gets the blood coursing through the veins again.

sturmey
    Free Member

Whatever you do the mould has been cast be afraid be very afraid and sleep with one eye open.

Junkyard
    Free Member

34 years and you still have not made your mind up no chance deciding on her birthday then have you…and you make my 15 years [now married]look positively wirlwind.
    Seriously do what you want/she would like as she clearly accepts you as you are.

molgrips
    Free Member

My vote is with the proposal proposal.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Big surprise party and a swanky hotel afterwards and after it, kid on you’ve had it arranged for ages, of course.

Make a MASSIVE deal about her being 50! hire a plane to tow a banner etc

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

HRT.?

Sandwich

Tickets to a special event?

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I am already wondering cos my Mrs is 50 next year and 10 days prior to that is our 30th W/A, so what do or how do we celebrate both…
    Wimmin are so hard to cater for… so long as corrie is on the box my mrs is happy , Mmmm ! maybe a Corrie DVD will do the trick 🙄

druidh
    Free Member

When my wife turned 40, a crowd of us took our kids to a hostel for the weekend, We booked the whole thing and went biking, walking, canoeing, rock climbing with barbecues in the evenings.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Irate wife problem’ is closed to new replies.