Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Iraq war inquiry to be in private
  • tankslapper
    Free Member

‘An independent inquiry into the Iraq war will be held in private, Prime Minister Gordon Brown has told MPs.

It will start next month and take at least a year, Mr Brown said. It will not aim to “apportion blame”, he added.’

It’s great living in a free country………

BigDummy
    Free Member

We know what happened, near enough, in ghastly detail, and blame has already been apportioned. It is one of the reasons why this will be irrelevant long before it reports.

JulianA
    Free Member

It’s great living in a free country………

Yes, it is, isn’t it?

jova54
    Free Member

Pure window dressing.

Wonder if he’ll remember his promise of a referendum on the EU constitution especially now it looks more likely that the Irish will re-run their referendum.

tyger
    Free Member

He’s just so full of broken promises I can’t trust him at all or his party. It’s a real crock.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

We know what happened, near enough, in ghastly detail,

Well I don’t. I know that we went to war of course. But I don’t know the ghastly details concerning why we went to war.

All I know, are the excuses which Tony Blair gave for going to war.

Now I want to be told the actual reasons, officially.

tyger
    Free Member

It’s not just some policy decision, a lot of people died and are still dying and the government is responsible because they decided – ignoring most people’s wishes to not go to war!

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Brown just doesn’t get it does he. After the expenses fiasco the electorate want disclosure and accountability. He was forced into this by his backbenchers and by making it secret and delaying it beyond the next election its just coming across as if he’s playing a cynical political game- which is just what he is doing- instead of having a genuine attempt at getting to the truth. This from the man who as Chancellor effectively paid for the war but was somehow strangely invisible at the time.

dyna-ti

Private inquiry’s,no prosecutions over mps expenses.

Sounds like business as usual.

Legality doesn’t stand a chance against politics.

tyger
    Free Member

Banks rule the Government which rules the Law which in turn rules the people and somewhere in the gutter lies democracy, accountability, decency, honour and truth.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Iraq war inquiry to be in private’ is closed to new replies.