Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Iraq should pay back US for the cost of war
  • grum
    Free Member

Seems reasonable.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/10/dana-rohrabacher-iraq-war-cost_n_875163.html

What **** planet do these ***** live on? 😡

5thElefant
    Free Member

That’s the traditional approach. War is a bit pointless any other way.

Having rules is what makes war acceptable and commonplace.
    If the winning side exterminated the entire population of the losing side and annexed their land it would all be a lot less frequent and a lot less complicated.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Yep. Being all civilised about war has really defeated the purpose of it. You have to wonder why anyone bothers.

You don’t hear of Pictish suicide bombers or the Pictish Liberation Front demanding equal rights and reparation for land loss.
    The Scots went in and killed every last man jack of them. Problem solved.

Genocide. You know it makes sense.

j_me
    Free Member

The Scots went in and killed every last man jock of them

FTFY

See what I mean ?
    Now, technically, using the J word is racism and, depending on the circumstances, you could potentially be banned, sacked or arrested for that.
    You can say what you like about the Picts though. Nobody cares. They’re all dead.

MrGreedy

Genuinely LOL @ j_me – quality!

j_me
    Free Member

As a Scottish native I can use the J word freely, however I reserve the right to be utterly outraged if called a Jock from anyone South of the border.

grum
    Free Member

As a Scottish native I can use the J word freely, however I reserve the right to be utterly outraged if called a Jock from anyone South of the border.

Jock.

What you gonna do about it?

You’re clearly not Scottish anyway

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71edyENuW6U[/video]

j_me
    Free Member

😆

higgo
    Free Member

I prefer ‘sweaty’ both for the rhyming and because they often are.

Junkyard
    Free Member

what they gonna do if they dont pay ?
    invade again

donsimon
    Free Member

Now, technically, using the J word is racism

You could be entering dodgy ground here. 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’m fairly sure that the American oil barons who were involved in the US administration which planned and executed the invasion of Iraq, were not motivated by charitable benevolence.

The purpose of the invasion was to gain huge financial reward, so whilst the cost might well have far exceeded their expectations, Iraq has been paying back for some time now :

US advised Iraqi ministry on oil deals

Quote :

“A group of American advisers led by a small State Department team played an integral part in drawing up contracts between the Iraqi government and five major Western oil companies to develop some of the largest fields in Iraq

In their role as advisers to the Iraqi Oil Ministry, American government lawyers and private-sector consultants provided template contracts and detailed suggestions on drafting the contracts, advisers and a senior State Department official said.

At a time of spiraling oil prices, the no-bid contracts, in a country with some of the world’s largest untapped fields and potential for vast profits, are a rare prize to the industry. The contracts are expected to be awarded Monday to Exxon Mobil, Shell, BP, Total and Chevron, as well as to several smaller oil companies.”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Iraq should pay back US for the cost of war’ is closed to new replies.