Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • iPods
  • Teetosugars
    Free Member

Does anywhere still sell them in any other size than 160gb?

Or are they now only that size?

Not wanting a touch, just a standard iPod.

mikertroid
    Free Member

My trusty 80Gb died the day after iO6 came out! Just went wobble and appears hard drive is borked.

Since I have a iPod Touch 64 Gb it won’t be getting replaced 🙁

CountZero

AFAIK the 160gb Classic is the only one with an HDD in now, and frankly, I really wish Apple would do a 250Gb version.
    If you have one of the V5.5 Video models it’s possible to get an new HDD fitted, and I’ve read about someone managing to rig up a 250Gb CF card inside one as a sort of SSD.
    My 160Gb Classic only has 19Gb left… 🙁

SaxonRider

Serious question, and hopefully related to the original: what are the virtues of having an iPod over having something like an iPhone nowadays?

vinnyeh

not sure there’s too much need for ever larger sizes of ipod any more- itunes match costs a a fraction of an incremental ipod size upgrade.

Serious question, and hopefully related to the original: what are the virtues of having an iPod over having something like an iPhone nowadays?

Cost?

greggparker9
    Free Member

I’ve got the 160GB ipod and an iPhone, hardly have any music on the phone as I use that primarily as a phone, shocking I know! The battery life on the ipod is great, I hardly ever have to charge it and can store all my music on it rather than a limited selection.

unovolo
    Free Member

I’d imagine batterylife would be the main positive,plus for me I dont think you can beat the scroll wheel on the original ipod for ease of use.

dr_death
    Free Member

As GreggParker says . . . and shuffling by album.

Why do none of apples other music players/apps do this. Drives me **** insane. In my OCD state I have rated all my tracks and then created a playlist with all my fave songs on it. In shuffle by album you can essentially then listen to the best songs off every album at random. It’s genius but apple have removed this function from the music app on all their other players. Bastards

CountZero

not sure there’s too much need for ever larger sizes of ipod any more- itunes match costs a a fraction of an incremental ipod size upgrade.

And how much does Match cost, and how much data allowed? There’s no way I can get 114Gb of data in itunes match, and the cost would be prohibitive. Plus you’re forgetting the ever-present elephant in the room – data allowance. With 1Gb of data/month, you don’t seriously believe that Match is usable on a day-to-day basis, especially as its specifically NOT a music streaming service, just a way of accessing your music remotely, so you’d be constantly deleting tracks, then downloading new stuff. What a royal pain-in-the-ass! I’ve got my entire music library with me, accessible when I want it, not when the Internet allows me to access it.

ratherbeintobago

In shuffle by album you can essentially then listen to the best songs off every album at random. It’s genius but apple have removed this function from the music app on all their other players.

Including iTunes, frustratingly.

Andy

eyerideit
    Free Member

Album shuffle is still there n itunes

Under control menu > shuffle > by album

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I want one so I don’t have to use my 4s…
    It’s battery life is pants already, so was thinking of one for flights, etc…
    Oh, & I don’t wanna clog up my iPad either.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘iPods’ is closed to new replies.