Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • ipod travelling speakers recommendations
  • headfirst
    Free Member

I've got a Bose Sounddock for home usage, which seems a bit too hefty (and valuable) to pack for my hols, so I'm looking for a compact but big-sounding speaker-type thing to take with me, for less than £50. I'm gong tomorrow so its needs to be available in the high street rather than on t'interweb! Don't s'pose they'll let me test them in Curry's will they?

Ta very much.

nickc

I tried loads as was looking for pretty much the same thing a while back, and TBH for that sort of cash, they're almost all universally carp. Cheaply made with rubbish overdone bass boosters. In the end I bought some really (and I mean really) cheap battery powered ones from Tescos of all places. Sounds' pretty awful if I'm honest, but it's no worse than a lot of them for 4 or 5 times the price, and they go everywhere, and I won't care if they break. For playing in the garden whilst fettling or filling a hotel room with familiar sounds they're ace.

I think they were about a tenner.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member
    monotokpoint
    Free Member

Try the JBL On Stage III. I have had a set for a while now and have been impressed with the sound quality for the size. Quite crisp and the speakers are positioned to give a spacial sound, which surprisingly seems to work. Bass isn't too bad either (I'm into drum n bass). Take batteries or main too. Retail around £100 but managed to get mine for about 50 on fleebay

Clicky —>JBL On Stage III

euanr
    Free Member

Mate of mine has some of these and they sound great. Really tough too.

https://powertraveller.com/iwanta/000026/

aviemoron
    Free Member

I've got a Logitech all in one thing that sounds pretty good.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ipod travelling speakers recommendations’ is closed to new replies.