Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • iPod scren replacement
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

My wife dropped my son’s ipod on the driveway yesterday and the screen is smashed. It’s working fine just couple of cracks and a chip on the screen.

Is screen replacement a diy job, if not can anyone recommend a company that does this? Preferably in the Glasgow area but if not then somewhere I can post to with a quick turnaround. Cheers.

Ben_mw

I used this lot Ipod repair to sort mine out when it died. Nowhere near Glasgow, but they do have a speedy turnaround.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Thanks for the info. Having looked at doing this diy then sending it away looks like the only option.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Its pretty easy to replace the screen on an iPhone.
    There are usually plenty of how to vodeos on youtube. Parts probably available from amazon.

bigyinn
    Free Member

This any use?
    HELP?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Can you point me in the direction of the one you used bigyinn as everything I’ve read makes it sound very tricky. Its an iPod touch btw.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I did it on an iPhone 3gs, which is pretty similar inside to an iPod touch.
    From what I remember, there are 2 screws at the docking end, you unscrew them, and then the screen pulls out using a suction cup.
    Theres a couple of slightly fiddly ribbon cables to undo and that’s about it.
    You need to heat the existing screen with a hairdryer to soften up the old glue to remove the broken glass.
    Its pretty easy, just take your time. Do the work on a table or tray to catch any screws you might drop.
    the glass and digitiser’s are about a tenner IIRC.

bigyinn
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fF0DF-mbn4[/video]

Gary_M
    Free Member

Thanks bigyinn. From the quick look I’ve had I thought you had to get the back off and take all the insides out.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Shouldn’t need to touch the back.
    Getting the back replaced was a REAL PITA. I’ve done it, but it was rather fiddly.
    Still it worked again after I put it back together again!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘iPod scren replacement’ is closed to new replies.