• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by StuF.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Ipod dock DAB doo dah for £150
  • mrjmt
    Free Member

I’m looking for a new ipod dock for the kitchen somewhere around £100 – £150, want it to look nice and sound good.
    I was going to go for the Klipsch iGroove but it doesn’t have a DAB tuner which would be nice to have.

Any recommendations or anything to avoid?

footflaps

I’ve got a Pure iPod / iPhone Dock DAB clock radio thing, very happy with it.

Cougar

I got the Sony integrated-everything one last year. It’s very good.

mrjmt
    Free Member

Cougar, was it this one?

iainc

have had the Klipsch igroove for a few yrs – very impressed with it indeed – IMO a lot better sound than the BOSE Sound-dock

Cougar

No, this one I think.

toby1

mrjmt – I have the one you pictured as a bedroom stereo and it’s been good so far. I have one small issue with the setting of volume on the alarm on it, but if you aren’t planning to use that function it’s otherwise a great little stereo and I generally hate sony stuff.

Speakers are separate too which is worth being aware of.

[EDIT] ~I said little – it’s actually quite large (wide/tall), but has a small footprint as it’s shallow.

Clobber
    Free Member

Yamaha everytime

meehaja
    Free Member

I have the one sold through apple (can’t remember its name). Its good.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

http://www.robertsradio.co.uk/Products/DAB_radios/IDREAM2/index.htm

I’ve been very happy with this one, comes in under budget as well

TiRed

Have the same Pure. iDock. Mine was £60 from John Lewis (ex demo). The display is rather bright at night, the sound is nowhere near as good as the iGroove (have one in the kitchen), but it isn’t bad either.

I think you’ll need to spend a lot more to improve significantly.

EDIT: forgot to say for DAB use on the iGroove, I use TuneIn Radio on an ipod touch. We have it on the phone as well, but the iGroove picks up interference with the iPhone.

StuF

happy with the pure one here – our display dims at night so its not annoying

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Ipod dock DAB doo dah for £150’ is closed to new replies.