Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Ipod classic or Ipod touch…..
  • bauchlebastart
    Free Member

what you you buy?

Jamie
    Free Member

Just for music > Classic
    Video/Less Music/Internet/Games > Touch.

oddjob
    Free Member

Depends what you want it for.
    If it's lots and lots of music then the classic. If it is for vids, music and general playing on internet and stuff then the touch.
    I have a classic that is great at what it does, I also have an iphone that work gave me and it is really a totally different thing. The classic has every cd I have ever bought on it, some movies and space for more. The iphone has a selection of stuff but doesn't have space for the whole lot so it really depends on what you plan to do with it.

I suspect that didn't help much 😕

samuri
    Free Member

Just for music > Classic
    Video/Less Music/Internet/Games > Touch.

ditto. I had a classic which was great for all my music and lots of videos, my 16G touch can really only get bits of my music on (I had to be brutal with my music collection. James last was gone! Whitney, out!) and one or two videos at once but it is ace for browsing the internet, email and games. If you're going to watch videos on it, the classic has a *very* small screen.

bauchlebastart
    Free Member

Nope that did help, will be used for music mainly, connected to a hifi. I'm not interested in gaming and use a laptop for web access. So looks like the classic will be the best bet. Ta

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

connected to a hifi.

Then a classic. Unless it is on show and you want the touch screen interface….

oddjob
    Free Member

Do a quick mental check on how much space you need becuase you may be able to save some money by getting the nano if you don't have 100s of cds…

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

touch… like you I used to use the laptop a lot, connect my classic to my hifi … but the touch was bought as a present … now I have the touch it blows away the classic, I have started using it for surfing (its easier to use than booting up my laptop whilst sitting watching tv or eating my dinner), I'm not a gamer but have played a couple of puzzle games and I use it to store pics/contacts and other things now.

The only problem I will have is I'll eventually run out of space for music … the main reason I havent got an iphone, too little memory. Hopefully thats a coming someday soon. I have a LOT of CD's.

moe_szyslak
    Free Member

If you have a small music collection and you would like the apps etc then do for the touch. If you have a very large one (like me) or want to up a lot of movies on it (like me) then go for the classic.

porterclough
    Free Member

Being able to download podcasts directly on the touch via wifi is more useful than I would have thought, before I started doing it.

Olly
    Free Member

neither. ide get a 4gb one of these for 30 quid and change the music every now and again.

ken_shields
    Free Member

Was looking at getting a classic myself but now I'm not so sure

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/ipod-classic-the-day-the-music-died-398390.html

moe_szyslak
    Free Member

ignore that article, I have had 4-5 and never had a real problem.

**** I have had 8 ipods in total :s

tragically1969
    Free Member

That article is 2 years old, not really that relevant is it ?

I would say classic, i have mine through my amp with a cheap Logic3 dock:

http://www.iworld.co.uk/p/Logic3_Universal_Dock_for_iPod.htm

Sounds good enough for me

5lab

classic. the screen *is* a bit small for anything other than music, but it just about stretches to a couple of films for a flight/similar

there's frequently old-generation ipods here

http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/specialdeals/ipod?mco=MTA4MTYxMjQ

which might be handy

fubar
    Free Member

I'd only buy a classic now if your music collection is larger than the Touch can cope with…I was happy with the classic until I bought an iPhone…now the Classic interface feels so clunky.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Ipod classic or Ipod touch…..’ is closed to new replies.