Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • iPod and VW Golf mk 6.
  • Gravy
    Free Member

My mp3 player is about ready to be replaced by a modern day player, so im gonna get an iPod. I know if I buy a cable (not the 3.5 jack one) I can connect iPod to hifi system. Will the steering wheel controls let me replay, skip, change albums etc ? Thanks in advance, Gravy.
    🙂

BlindMelon
    Free Member

No

Skyliner
    Free Member

It’ll let you skip tracks.

rkearsey
    Free Member

I used to be a parts man for VW until I moved into sales, you’ll need a cable with the following part number.

000-051-446C

tinybits
    Free Member

Skip tracks yes, go through files no. However, in mine the head unit does. It’s no further hassle than bunging a cd in if you want to find an album on the iPod though.

wolly
    Free Member

You can skip tracks, if it’s an rcd 510 the navigation through the playlists and albums is very good

fingerbike
    Free Member

Different car I know, but GF has a new shape Yaris.
    We put all of her music onto a USB stick that is plugged into the port in the glovebox.
    If you don’t need it for anything else look into whether you can do that first, lots cheaper than an ipog.

Drac

I had a cable for Mk VI somewhere, not sure I still have it.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Our golf has the RCD510 head unit and rather than plug an iPod in I put all our music on a small HD (actually out of an iPod that died) and connected that via USB. This works really well but as said we can navigate using the head unit
    We can also use sd card, Bluetooth from a phone, DAB or something called a CD – never short of music now 🙂

sharkbait
    Free Member

Our golf has the RCD510 head unit and rather than plug an iPod in I put all our music on a small HD (actually out of an iPod that died) and connected that via USB. This works really well but as said we can navigate using the head unit
    We can also use sd card, Bluetooth Spotify from a phone, DAB or something called a CD – never short of music now 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘iPod and VW Golf mk 6.’ is closed to new replies.