Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • ipod
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

i have an original ipod ya know those bigger white ipods that arrived into the music scene some years ago.about 4 years ago.. this last week its 'locked up' at least half a dozen times….i usual press the 'centre button' and 'play button' together for 6 seconds until the apple logo appears ..this usualy works… everyday it locks up a few times….. is there an 'update programe' anywhere that it needs ? (without havin to buy a new one just yet.. t'other day all my music was just wiped off ? so i reset the ipod and it came back..lol..

Jamie
    Free Member

For the record I had an original ipod and bought it in 2001. The last ipods to have the 4 buttons above the scroll wheel came out in 2003-2004 so you are doing very well to have had it last this long!

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Have you connected it to iTunes and checked for software updates?

elaineanne
    Free Member

…and ? does it lock up on you at all…
    grrrr now itunes locks up too….what the **** is wrong. when i plug ipod into computer and open itunes …the whole thing goes crazy….locks up …arrggggg…

elaineanne
    Free Member

ahhh i shall do that now mr captain..thanks….i,ll give that ago

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Did it work? While you have the iPod connected to iTunes I reckon it's worth doing a restore which wipes the iPod and reinstalls all the music. Do this after you have done the software update

elaineanne
    Free Member

done the software update , thanks. : the next update is 27th july it says…
    hmmm i was looking at the restore button and thinking shud i start agin, but as im not the only member in the household that uses itunes::: now there are lots of songs on there, that i dont like im not sure i want that lot on my ipod ! lol ….. anyway over the next few days i shall see if my ipod locks up constantly and if it does than i shall have to do the restore setting.

lazlo53
    Free Member

elaine, the restore button only refers to the ipod that's plugged in, so if you're the only one one using that particular ipod then press the button and start from scratch again.

elaineanne
    Free Member

rite it locked up so ive pressed restore then it said to plug in the mains supply which i did then it came up with the language thing so i pressed english and its been in the power supply for 5 mins so starting from scratch agin

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Give it a good long charge. The only time mine locked up was when the battery was low

elaineanne
    Free Member

ok 7 mins later its still conected to power supply and its asking for the language so i clicked english agin but it appears to be stuck on the language setting….. its making funny squeeking noises…. grrrrrrr what else can i do . im not even getting an idication that its charging up cos its stuck on the language barrier…ARRRRRRGGGGG help…. rite APPLE im coming to get you !!!!! 👿 hahahahah

elaineanne
    Free Member

now managed to load music back on but as soon as i plug in the earphones to listen to music it freezes again…and again and again…. ive reset the ipod a few times now….. any Apple engineers in the house tonite >> Help Help Help….. 😥

sc-xc

My stipod **** ipod wont **** bastard well sync with **** stupid itunes. **** stupid bastard **** of a shithole device.

I'm going back to **** records

unsponsored
    Free Member

Might be time for a new battery

elaineanne
    Free Member
    Edric64
    Free Member

what's an ipod?!!

elaineanne
    Free Member

now im getting ANGRY like barry bethel ! AAAGRRRRRH ..piece of ka ka….
    swooosh (across the room it flies at 100 bites per second…lol……

elaineanne
    Free Member

bog off Edric !! i want some sensible engineers on here please ….

prettygreenparrot

Does it play well connected to the power adapter? But does it freak out on battery power? Get a new battery.
    If this makes no difference then does it 'freeze' partway through tracks? Does it sometimes just sit there dumb while you beat it into action? And when you put your ear to the iPod (no, really) does it make weird stumbling, clicky noises? In this case, you might need a new hard drive.

I have an iPod photo model that the battery failed on. I now use it either on a dock speaker or occasionally in the car. In the car it reacts VERY badly to getting cold – refuses to even start up even when on the adapter.

radoggair
    Free Member

new ipod time i think

nickf
    Free Member

It sounds exactly like the problems I had with my first two iPods, and in each case it was the hard drive failing. Simply not economic to repair.

As a result I've only used a flash drive iPod since. Smaller memory, but it's reliable, though, after three years of pretty constant use (2+ hours/day), it's finally started to show signs of dying battery sydrome.

elaineanne
    Free Member

:?well after many configurations : we managed to get into the hardrive itself and followed instructions on my link earlier…. still didnt work properly…the only thing u can do is restart it but as soon as you try to play a song or press any buttons on the ipod …guess what it freezes up instantly… many times over ! so today my hubby took it to worl and got the 'gurus' working on it and they said the harddrive is beggered and it would cost a fortune to fix the hardrive…. soooo buy a nano ipod….geeez i loved my original ipod : think i got 5 years out of it at least ! sooo wots out there… any recomendations…. 😉

prettygreenparrot

If you're buying a new one I like the iPod touch. V nice. But you might want to hold off for a while as it's due an update.

fubar
    Free Member

might be worth chucking it on ebay…I got about £27 (+postage) for my broken ipod sold as 'spares or repair'

elaineanne
    Free Member

woop woop woopeeeeee ! its fixed its fixed…my hubby fixed it..god dam genious (for now anyway)…. diagnostics into the hardrive and alittle brain power…he ran scan disc or similar on the hardrive for about an hour (he thort it hadnt worked..picked it up and it said now connect to a power supply and the all the playlists came back on….i loaded more music up to it just now and its ruddy working !!!!!!! woop woop… 8) 8) :P:lol:.sorry im getting carried away… but i luv my ipod…. tho we shall see what happens over the next few days… if it freezes again then i shall get an ipod nano 5th generation 8gb… you can take videos n photos cant you with those..

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘ipod’ is closed to new replies.