Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • iPlayer me up
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Off again soon, flying off to a land without good television, so…

What should I be loading on the tablet from the wonder that is iPlayer (Or other UK TV player thingies).

I do like a bit of science and history stuff. Also anything interesting around art, I suppose.

Your suggestions, if you please.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

The mountain

midlifecrashes

Anything with the Goth Prof, Janina Ramirez. The Hundred Years War three parter was excellent last month.

cinnamon_girl

Cap’n – sorry but unable to help but do have an unrelated question that you may be able to help with. An architecture one to be precise.

Opposite Salisbury Law Courts is a boarded up building that undoubtedly would have been described as a ‘looker’ in its heyday. Do you happen to know what it was called and what it was used for?

Bit random I know but am unsure how to satisfy my curiosity! Thanks. 🙂

somafunk

There’s some very good dramas n’ stuff on Iplayer radio, the stone tape and the ring in binaural recording are a good listen with decent headphones/earphones.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Theres a whole world of programmes with Lucy in, not too sure what you’re even askin’ 😆

Not Science nor History but Comedy – REV

lemonysam
    Free Member

Opposite Salisbury Law Courts is a boarded up building that undoubtedly would have been described as a ‘looker’ in its heyday. Do you happen to know what it was called and what it was used for?

http://www.britishlistedbuildings.co.uk/en-447058-the-old-manor-at-old-manor-hospital-sali#.VkWe73bhDIU victprian loony bin?

perchypanther
    Free Member

The Last Kingdom? – a bit Game of Thronesy but with Vikings and Saxons.

mefty
    Free Member

victprian loony bin?

Yep

Old Manor Hospital

cinnamon_girl

lemonysam and mefty – fantastic, thank you. 8) So interesting and quite an eye opener reading how patients were treated as well as named. Can see me spending far too much time on that listed building website!

P20

Nuclear thing at Sellafield
    Madness in the desert
    When coal was king
    May on the edge of space

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Tangent-tastic!

Some good suggestions otherwise. Thanks.

rogermoore

First shown a while back so you might have seen it; Epic of Everest back on iPlayer at moment.
    RM.

cinnamon_girl

Tangent-tastic!

😳 Apologies Cap’n. Do you know the building by the way? 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I do. One of the blights on the town, sadly. Along with the old Saab garage on the way in, which thankfully is about to become something else. (Aldi, I believe. Good for cheap nappies!)

Anyway, good stuff here, folks.

Nuclear thing at Sellafield
    Madness in the desert
    When coal was king
    May on the edge of space

All excellent! I loved the romance and lunacy of the old Dakar, was very good that.

Might go back to that Everest one as well. Good reminder.

Keep ’em coming! 🙂

senorj

The last kingdom is ace IMO …
    Some music documentaries ,the indie thing was quite good plus a few 80s totp’s?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘iPlayer me up’ is closed to new replies.