Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • iPhoto Library help please
  • Albanach
    Free Member

My macbook is telling me my startup disc is nearly full and in an attempt to free up memory I moved my iPhoto library to an external hard drive (EHD) some time ago. However, recently I imported photos from my camera into an iPhoto library on to my macbook drive by mistake and now want to move these photos on to my external drive. I’ve tried exporting them from the Macbook iPhoto Library into a new folder then importing from this folder to the EHD iPhoto Library but they do not show in the ‘Library’ (Events, Photos etc) but do show in the ‘Last Import’!? Totally confused and dont want to mess it up any further…anyone willing to help out?

slowoldman

Drag and drop the photos into a folder or onto a stick, then drag and drop them into the proper library.

Albanach
    Free Member

Is that different to exporting to a stick or folder then importing from that stick or folder? If so Ive already done that.

disben

I would recommend iPhoto library manager – it takes a little to get used to but means you have iPhoto libraries in different locations (i.e. hard drive and ehd) – http://www.fatcatsoftware.com/iplm/ – I bought the full version and its worked well.

timwillows
    Free Member
    slowoldman

Is that different to exporting to a stick or folder then importing from that stick or folder? If so Ive already done that.

I’ve only ever used drag and drop but I did just do an Export successfully. reading again, is it the import you are having problems with?

Albanach
    Free Member

I’ve only ever used drag and drop but I did just do an Export successfully. reading again, is it the import you are having problems with?

Aye it seems to be. I can see the photos in ‘Last Import’ but not in the Library.

slowoldman

It’s not just that you have some bizarre view setting which is burying the new photos amongst the old ones is it? Try View Sort By Date Ascending and see if your new ones then appear at the bottom.

Albanach
    Free Member

All sorted now – instead of exporting and importing via the option bar i just dragged and it seemed to work 😕

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘iPhoto Library help please’ is closed to new replies.