Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • iPhoto help please.
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

iPhoto 08

I have some photo paper that is pre-perforated into four 4×6 pieces. I want to print 4 of the same image on the page. I am really struggling to set this up for printing. If anyone knows how to do it I'd be most grateful.

geoffj

Select the photos you want to print
    File > Print

Sent Print Size to 3 x 5 (bottom right drop down)

That should give you 4 prints on a sheet.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Cheers. Now how do I get the thick border around the edge to go away?

geoffj

Cheers. Now how do I get the thick border around the edge to go away?

Are you using the Standard option for the pane on the left which has Standard, Contact Sheet, Simple Border etc?

The Standard option shouldn't give you a big border.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Yeah, it's set to Standard. I presume it's because I've chosen 3×5, when there is room for four 4×6's. But if I choose 4×6 it reduces it to just two on the page, still with the thick border around the outside.

geoffj

Yeah, it's set to Standard. I presume it's because I've chosen 3×5, when there is room for four 4×6's. But if I choose 4×6 it reduces it to just two on the page, still with the thick border around the outside.

Mmm, maybe tweak your printer settings to reduce the margin size?

thegreatape
    Free Member

She says it's fine as it is, room for decorating it or something? Thanks for your help geoff, saved me a lot of grief!

geoffj

No problem – of course if you want to locate them accurately, you could create a table in Word (or Pages I assume) 2 x 2 with transparent cell borders and then post the pictures into there. Depends how many you've got to do I suppose.

Good luck with it anyway.

Talkemada
    Free Member

A piece of paper large enough to accomodate 4x 4×6" prints would have to be at least 8×12" in size. A4 is 8.5×11.5" roughly, so iPhoto is organising the pics onto what would fit on an A4 sheet, I'd imagine. Maybe you need to tweak the print size settings in iPhoto, as it may be set to a default size.

Does the paper you have have any size or code? And are you sure the 'sections' are exactly 4×6"?

TBH, the printing settings in iPhoto aren't that flexible, as they don't allow you to set custom sizes for paper, or specify the individual image size. Perhaps something like Adobe Photoshop Elements might be better, unless you have access to full fat Photoshop. With Elements, you could put each image into one larger image that's the size of your paper, and scale each to fit accordingly.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘iPhoto help please.’ is closed to new replies.