Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • iPhones are crap.
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Just in case you were wondering why your iPhone/iPad keeps restarting today.

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/12/02/ios-11-1-2-date-bug-crash-loop/

Looks like Mike was right all along.

jam-bo

Where do I sign up for the class action. I demand compensation.

Jamie
    Free Member

I just walked into my local Apple store and took stuff of the shelves till I felt satisfied.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

mikewsmith just came in his pyjamas.

Jamie
    Free Member

11.2 has just been released. Guessing they kicked that out the door sharpish.

bikebouy
    Free Member

D’ya no’ wot?

I’m getting pretty cheesed off with the constant updates Apple are releasing.. it’s almost one every other day..

Like an Android phone..

😈

And that update ^^ also includes an Apple Pay update.. not that I use it.

Pook

Can’t remember the last update I had on my android phone.

Let me log in to find out

Root
    Enter
    Enter
    Enter
    Enter

GrahamS

Yeah bit of a balls up that.

Doesn’t impact me because I have sensibly held off updating to iOS11 till the bugs are sorted *smug*

Apple Pay update.. not that I use it.

I like it. Often have my phone more accessible than a card so it’s handy.

Drac

I’m on 11 on all devices at home, none of them have crashed.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Drac according to Mac Rumours you would have to wait till after 12:15 local time and have apps which send repeat reminders (I don’t have any of those anyway)

jambalaya
    Free Member

I signed ip to Appe Pay – never used it in anger as first time I tried it was rejected as card attached was not accepted by the shop. It’s quite useful as you get a notification every time the attached card is used – almost immediate

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

My iphone no longer turns off via the physical button at top of device.

Everything else seems to work without a hitch – camera, mail, music, browser, apps. So just a bit crap?*

*Tip: always update yr IOS late, if at all 😉

Drac

12.15am local time passed over 9 hours ago and I don’t have any of those apps. Still have 11 instaleed so less secruity risks tha keeping than older version on.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

No issues at all with 11 for me on three phones in our household. my wife ran a bit slow for a day until it sorted itself out but all been honky dory so far.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Updates took about 10mins Max.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Mine’s fine. So is Mrs_D’s. And both of our iPads

kelvin

*Tip: always update yr IOS late, if at all

x100

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

This thread reminded me to set up Apple Pay on my phone and having just come back from the shops I think it’s amazing. Smartphones are amazing, the future looks incredible.

kennyp
    Free Member

We have two I-Phones, an I-Pad and a Mac, all of which work superbly. We also have a laptop running Windows which is a pile of steaming plop.

jam-bo

Should my phone have set on fire by now?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yes!

Post pics 😆

GrahamS

never used it in anger as first time I tried it was rejected as card attached was not accepted by the shop

You can register multiple cards. I have my Barclaycard (Visa) and NatWest card (Visa Debit). It’s quite nice as it has a little graphic of each card that you flick through to find the one you want.

wiggles
    Free Member

Is a willy waving thread for who has the most apple products? 😉

CountZero

Following suggestions regarding leaving the OS update until 11.2 was released, that’s what I did, in fact about an hour ago. I had no unwanted shutdowns on eith my iPad Pro or my iP6+, and as far as I know, that issue only affected a few users anyway.

slowoldman

Mine seems to have stayed on all day.

jam-bo

Should my phone have set on fire by now?

No wait, it’s not a Samsung. Never mind esoteric software glitches, now that was a real fault… 😉

vickypea
    Free Member

Well my iPhone has been screwed up since the update I did 3 days ago. Home button stopped working, can’t get to home page unless I switch it right off and on again and then the first thing I select won’t turn off. I don’t know what to do 🙁

GrahamS

Well quick workaround fix is to turn on Assistive Touch in the Accessibility menu in Settings. That’ll give you an on screen home button.

Longer term: I’d try a full backup in iTunes then complete reset and restore.

vickypea
    Free Member

Thanks muchly GrahamS! Just tried Assistive Touch and it seems to have done the trick for now 🙂

DrJ

I see that the Apple Pay cash thing is US only 🙁

BUT!

you can now delete old boarding passes without opening each one and flipping it over. I was waiting for that, so just deleted 3 years worth in a couple of minutes. Little things …

zippykona

I’m not bashing people who buy iPhones but I will bash apple.
    Given how huge they are and how much money they have surely everything they do should be 100% perfect all of the time.
    Do the people who **** up get sacked?
    I’m sure if a security guard left the big important door at apple hq open he would be out on his ear.
    I don’t see how someone who left the front door open on the world’s computers can ever be allowed near a computer again.

wilburt
    Free Member

My old smashed up six (with hd phone socket) is almost back to its pre OS11 levels of performance.

Jamie
    Free Member

Isn’t it common knowledge that Apple is just a tax avoidance company that also makes phones?

njee20
    Free Member

Samsung’s revenue is significantly higher.

Shit happens.

timbud
    Free Member

Do the people who **** up get sacked?

Yes
    There was a news story a few weeks ago about one of the developers whose daughter took a picture of his dev iPhoneX. He got sacked after she put it on FB…

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘iPhones are crap.’ is closed to new replies.