Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • iPhone/iPod touch help, anyone?
  • speaker2animals

Is there a caps lock on the touch screen keyboard? I've tried to hold shift key "down" and double clicking. But without success. Seems a major basic omission if it isn't available.

Isn't it funny? As soon as I posted the Q it came to me that there is probably something in settings to turn this on and off. LO & BEHOLD, there is!

SORTED!

So waste of a post. Sorry!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Double tap works on mine. Key goes blue

CountZero

Yup, double-tap on the shift key turns it blue. You may or may not know that most keys have hidden characters, tapping and holding brings them up, so W gives you ?, A=àáâäæãå, and so on. Really useful, especially if you like to use proper quote marks, like “ ”.

GrahamS

Also when typing in the address bar there is a ".com" key to save you some key presses. If you hold it down you will also get ".co.uk, .net, .org" etc 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Weird. Double tapping does not give me the CAPS. Is this a relatively new introduction as still running 3.1.2.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Weird. Double tapping does not give me the CAPS. Is this a relatively new introduction as still running 3.1.2.

It also doesn't work on my first gen iPod Touch…but does on my latest gen iPhone.

Also when typing in the address bar there is a ".com" key to save you some key presses. If you hold it down you will also get ".co.uk, .net, .org" etc

You find out something new everyday…cheers 🙂

GrahamS

Nah it's always done it AFAIK.

Check Settings->General->Keyboard and make sure "Enable Caps Lock" is on.

gonefishin
    Free Member

It also doesn't work on my first gen iPod Touch

It does on mine, although it may require a software upgrade from the original. I'm running version 3.1.3.

scottyjohn
    Free Member

If its not working, Id sync it to your itunes and do a restore. This usually fixes most niggles. Im assuming you have done a hard reset also?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

If its not working, Id sync it to your itunes and do a restore. This usually fixes most niggles. Im assuming you have done a hard reset also?

Maybe you're referring to the OP but my iPod Touch is just gathering dust these days and occasionally gets used to take music in the car…no idea what version it's using.

Jamie
    Free Member

Check Settings->General->Keyboard and make sure "Enable Caps Lock" is on.

Whoop! There it is!

I always thought that option just turned CAPS on 24/7.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘iPhone/iPod touch help, anyone?’ is closed to new replies.