Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • iPhone/android document scanner apps
  • tails
    Free Member

A bit dull but has anyone used one with success, don’t really want to buy a scanner if I can help it.

Scanner pro has good reviews on the App Store.

Thanks

leffeboy

Microsoft Office Lens is my fav but I like the whole office suite thing

sharkbait
    Free Member

Tiny Scanner (android) looks OK but christ it would do my head in doing any volume!
    But then document scanning is my business and my scanners do >200 images/minute 🙂

Mackem

I’ve investigated this for work. The best one I found was this…
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.intsig.camscannerhd

Most of them are rubbish,

mattyfez

Depends how much scanning there is to do, if not much ive used an app before that coverts a picture taken on the phone camera to a PDF.

surfer
    Free Member

Leffeboy +1

GrahamS

I use CamScanner on iOS

Seems pretty good for my (basic) needs.
    Corrects perspective, does OCR on the scanned text, produces multi page PDFs of the results.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Why not just take a photo ? Thats what I do. If I want one document with multiple pages I just join them with Mac Preview and save as PDF or JPEG. I think other iOS apps will join them also, I think iAnnotate will (paid but excellent)

GrahamS

Why not just take a photo ?

The app I mentioned does OCR on the text, which makes it searchable and copy-pastable.

Plus a multi-page PDF that is just big photos would end up being massive.

thecaptain
    Free Member

I use genius scan, not sure why I picked it originally, probably cos it was free, but I liked it enough to pay for the full version. The text enhancement is sometimes a big improvement over simple pics and exporting to a multi-page PDF is handy.

tommyo

Google drive app has the scan facility build in. Good enough for occasional use for me. Just open a new document and select scan option..

bob_summers

CamScanner for me, I even paid for it (but can’t remember why) as I use it every day, mainly for scanning texts to use immediately on the classroom whiteboard, via Drive.

Why not just take a photo ?

A lot of the time, you have to take the photo obliquely to avoid reflections or the flash bleaching the text off the middle of the document, and CamScanner detects the edges of the page to automagically undo the trapezoid effect. Plus OCR, easy multi page pdfs as mentioned.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘iPhone/android document scanner apps’ is closed to new replies.