Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • iPhone4 screen replacement?
  • Gooner
    Free Member

broke the screen on my iPhone a while ago and Orange replaced it within 24 hours under our phone insurance

I have now broken the damn thing again but when i rang orange they said i wasn’t insured and they replace the previous one in error so wont replace it free of charge

they said i was offered iPhone insuarnce when i upgraded but said i refused although i don’t recall this. I have always had phone insurance as i have broken nearly everyone i have had at sometime or other

so where is the cheapest place to get it repaired?

thanks

allthegear
    Free Member

Believe it or not, the Apple Store…

Is it the front or back panel?

Rachel

Gooner
    Free Member

front this time

are the apple store as cheap as you can get?

allthegear
    Free Member

It’s the cheapest place you’ll get an actual Apple part. Back’s are only £25 – I Had mine done a few weeks ago. Fronts are more – but only £100 or so.

edit – and a total replacement I believe is £172…

Rachel

Militant_biker

Hmmm. Not sure about the 4, I’ve replaced the screen on a 3G with an ebay kit, and it was a massive faff! There’s a lot of fiddly cables in there, so I can’t recommend the DIY option.

AlasdairMc

I replaced a 3GS screen and thought it was easy. The tool they gave for removing the screen was rubbish though

Militant_biker

Did you have to do the splitting apart of the glass and the digitizer? Or did you get the preassembled screen unit?

Killer
    Free Member

i replaced my 3gs, seperating the digitizer etc and actually thought it was quite easy given the right instructions. (ebay kit)

replacing the back of my 3gs was a hell of lot more tricky! still do-able and next time i;m sure it’ll be alot easier

Taff
    Free Member

Replacing the screen on the 4 is completely different to the 3GS. The glass and touch pad are now a single piece rather than before which is why it’s more expensive and more of a faff to change

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Ive done it, first time its a good 45 min to hr job, i do happen to have a genuine, very little use 4 screen if you dont want to shell out £120 to apple. In fact i can even replace it for you if you dont want to do it yourself.

Drac

Take it to an Apple shop if they can see you’re a good customer then they’ll do it for free.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Go to the apple store – they may even just give you a replacement fir free – friend did this, and I recall as few people on here getting lucky too

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘iPhone4 screen replacement?’ is closed to new replies.