Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • iPhone without sim
  • jackberesford
    Free Member

Can you use the features on the iPhone eg ipod, wifi and whatever else except obviously the phone/text features without putting a sim card in?

I've just bought an iphone but I need to wait a month for my orange contract to be cancelled but I dont like the idea of having the iphone for a month but not being able to use it!

seven
    Free Member

why do you need to wait for it to be cancelled? can't you just put the sim in it?

jackberesford
    Free Member

No because my current sim is orange and the iphone is locked to o2, so I'm waiting for my orange contract to be cancelled before getting an o2 sim.

Talkemada
    Free Member

Buy a PAYG O2 SIM?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

On a related question. If my GF buys an iPhone (Orange / cracked O2) and puts an PAYG orange sim in it…

How does it work out £££ with data on 3G?

jackberesford
    Free Member

buzzlightyear – with orange pay monthly you can buy a internet package of 500mb/month for £5 a month. Possibly a similar offer for PAYG? Thats the main reason I'm changing to o2 as for £15/month you get 300 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited internet/data. Seems pretty good to me

CountZero

As Talkemada sez, just stick a PAYG sim in. You won't get the benefit of The Cloud free wifi like you do with a contract, but you can use the phone. I've gone onto Simplicity for a couple of months as my contract has ended and I'm waiting for the 4G iPhone, I save around £15/month, but I don't get the automatic hotspot login.

IA

giffgaff.com for payg with great data rates. O2's network so decent service and apparently works in iPhones locked to O2.

If anyone wants a sim with £5 free credit, let me know and I can order one from my account with the recommend a friend thing, and we both get the £5.

jackberesford
    Free Member

IA – is the free sim on o2? If so I'll have one 🙂

IA

just saw this, giffgaff sim, but will work in *some* phones locked to o2. And to get the £5 you need to top up £10 to activate – check their website for info.

Happy to order one sent to anyone after one, afterall I get the £5 credit too, so it's worth the effort for me 🙂

jackberesford
    Free Member

IA – I'll take one then if thats ok? And its all free is it? ie no postage?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘iPhone without sim’ is closed to new replies.