Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • iPhone unlock with 'touch' gloves
  • simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Can’t work out how to unlock my phone without taking my gloves off. I’m sure if you pressed the home button a few times it used to bring up code entry. Now (i think since last update) I can only get to siri or apple pay.

It only seems to bring up the code after failing to read a finger print (and a glove doesn’t seem to get picked up as a ‘bad’ fingerprint rea)

matt_outandabout

mrblobby
    Free Member

If I press the round button twice with a gloved finger it asks me for unlock code.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    P-Jay
    Free Member

tap the home button once to get it to light up, once again will bring up the code entry.

Mine is only a pain if, when I’ve removed my gloves my hands are a bit damp, then it wants to try to read the print a few times before admitting it can’t.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Matt – it’s winter

tap the home button once to get it to light up, once again will bring up the code entry.

That’s what’s isn’t working for me but I think its just me being an idiot and not using the part of the glove that it reads.

samcuk87
    Free Member

Fingerprint? Its all about FaceID on iPhone X now 😉

simondbarnes

Can’t it read your irises?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Dunno if it’s made it as far as Apple yet, but my latest android phone knows when it’s not been put down doesn’t ask for a code/fingerprint (just press the button and swipe the screen to ‘unlock’).

[/smugface]

P20

I’ve had this too. Sometimes it will bring the pin code screen up, but not always. Only a problem since the latest iOS

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

’ve had this too. Sometimes it will bring the pin code screen up, but not always. Only a problem since the latest iOS

maybe I’m not being an idiot. just tried it again with a ‘non-smart’ bit of glove and it worked. seems intermittent.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘iPhone unlock with 'touch' gloves’ is closed to new replies.