Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • iPhone Sound Issue
  • TractorFrog
    Free Member

So i have an iPhone 3GS and its started making Hissing/Cracking/Static sounds when on loud Speaker & Ear Piece & 3.5mm Jack. Now this happens most of the time and is getting worse, There is a quick Fix to press the phone in top left & bottom right and slightly twist it.

Has anyone had this issue? If so, how was it fixed?

(i have ordered a new Audio Flex Cable & Speaker/Dock part to try fyi)

donsimon
    Free Member

It’s probably the tracking device kicking in. 😉

CountZero

Sounds like, if you’ll excuse the pun, a connection internally from a board to the speaker and headphone socket. As it changes when you flex the phone that clearly indicates a damaged connection, possibly a dry solder joint or a joint damaged by the phone being slightly bent in use, like being compressed in a pocket, sitting on it accidentally, or something like that. It might be fixable, try taking it into an Apple store and speaking to one of the Genius people. Make sure you back it up fully before hand, it’s not unknown for them to just replace the handset. Do you have replacement insurance from your network provider? They might replace it for you, the 3Gs is now being given away free on some networks.

TractorFrog
    Free Member

Thats what i have been thinking. Confident in changing the parts i have ordered as there are loads of breakdowns on Youtube. Hope this will fix it as the rest of the phone is fine. Out of contract with O2 currently and hoping i can make it last till the new iPhone comes along (End of September time by the looks of things)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘iPhone Sound Issue’ is closed to new replies.