Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • iPhone SE, anyone got one yet?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Really liked the idea of one as loved my 5s and really didn’t want the bigger screen. Had my heart set on one. Been a 6 plus user for a while now though and thought I’d better go and see one before I jump in so went the the Apple store today. It seemed absolutely ridiculously small. Comically so. I now don’t know if it is the right decision. Maybe it’d just take a while to readjust. I love the idea of a one handed phone again, especially one so fast with great battery life.

Anyone got one yet? How are they finding it?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’m going off iPhones tbh, contract up next month, gonna give that new S7 a go, as long as it’s no as huge as it looks. I like my 5S, just a couple of things annoying me.

loddrik
    Free Member

No chance me leaving iOS again as wife and kids are all on it. Kids moan at me mercilessly that they can’t facetime etc.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    plumslikerocks
    Free Member

really didn’t want the bigger screen

Been a 6 plus user

Ay? So you didn’t want a bigger phone, but bought the bigger of the two new models that replaced the old phone that you liked the size of. Now you want a smaller phone, but don’t like it because it’s too small and want us to tell you that it is not in fact too small?

sharkbait
    Free Member

There are better alternatives to facetious, so my iPhone using daughters tell me.

loddrik
    Free Member

Bought the 6 plus for the battery. Didn’t really want the huge screen but the battery life on the 6 was shite.

Just wanted to hear the thoughts of someone who had one already.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Anyone got one yet? How are they finding it?

Not going to matter if you personally find it too small.

I have one, and it’s fine as I came from a 5S, so no big phone to convert from. I imagine this is very unhelpful.

johnnystorm

Hangouts will fill in for face time and your family can install it. Now typing this on an S7 edge. Big screen doesn’t equal big phone as it doesn’t waste space with a big bezel. Battery life is great with a 3000mAh battery and the backpack case adds another 2700mAh.

takisawa2

After being Android for the last 5 years this iPhone6 is just better in every sense.
    Have to say the screen size is about perfect.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

After being Android for the last 5 years this iPhone6 is just better in every sense.

Better than what? Unless you did mean an iPhone 6S is better than Android…..which doesn’t really make sense.

FuzzyWuzzy

Still waiting for them to come back into stock 🙁 media reports reckon they had poor sales of it but if that’s true they must have only had very limited shipments to the UK as Apple at least sold out on the first day (64GB model anyway).

drlex
    Free Member

Think the shortage is widespread –
    For the US – http://appleinsider.com/articles/16/04/06/apples-new-4-iphone-se-continues-to-see-stock-outs-shipping-delays
    and I’ve seen Australians bemoan lack of stock.

therevokid
    Free Member

xperia m4 to SE …. yes it does seem ridiculously small to start
    with but I soon adapted.
    so far doing the same amounts of stuff it’s battery is way better
    than the xperia. don’t really miss the larger screen.

Took a while to get used to iOS from Android but on the whole. I
    like it’s size, weight and battery life

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

3 week lead time. Suggests they’re selling a lot more than they expected.

loddrik
    Free Member

They have them in stock at the local apple store for collection. Most colours and sizes. Although the apple website says two weeks for delivery if bought through the website. 😕

FuzzyWuzzy

@loddrick – which store? The guy in the Apple store I went to pointed out that if you do the order online and select the “check availability” option you can actually check if the store has any stock (as it will show as “available today” rather than “ship to store”). Everytime I’ve checked it’s been “ship to store” (64GB space grey but have checked other combos from time to time) within 125 miles (inc. London). Although just checked again now and see it’s in stock in Bath (wonder if that’s a return…)

loddrik
    Free Member

Liverpool. Definitely have them in.

loddrik
    Free Member

Ok well they did yesterday. Now it seems like they are all ships to store.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Stores are getting stock all the time, but selling out very quick. Use the availability tool on the Apple checkout and it will show stock levels. It can change hourly, tho, as at 12pm yesterday there was stock everywhere. But at 2pm it had all gone.

wors

sorry to hijack…

for you 6s users, is the screen big enough for reading books, magazines etc?

Milkie
    Free Member

for you 6s users, is the screen big enough for reading books, magazines etc

For me, only just. I am contemplating the plus size, but wonder what its like to live with in my pocket when out and about.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Edit: for example Regent Street have stock of the grey 64gb now.

bigdaddy

I’m still waiting for mine – carphone warehouse didn’t have any in stock, hopefully delivery tomorrow. I like the smallness, coming from a 5c (as the guy in the shop said ‘how did I manage!) ITS THE SAME SIZE. Don’t want a big phone, but do want one with some memory!

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP Phone has attracted a lot of interest, so I was surprised to see the “poor sales” headline. Yes the screen will seem tiny in comparison, I have a 6 and an old 4 and when I use the 4 it seems to be the size of a postage stamp (53 yo eyes though) and the SE is bigger (I think). If you are selling your 6+ let me know

@wors I have a 6 and would say not. What sort of page – STW ? If you send a link I’ll post a photo

STATO
    Free Member

wors – Member

sorry to hijack…

Books on Kindle app are fine as its really easy to set your size and flick through pages without realising. To be honest for magazines (IMO) I still find it crap, you have to keep zooming in and out and it just gets tedious trying to flick through. Print style formats work fine if you have an ipad but not on phones. Mobile formatted websites are just so much better.

MrSmith
    Free Member

just ordered mine (grey 16gb) but it says not available until 20th-27th

upgrading from a 5c mainly for the camera and not wanting a big phone.
    will get £90 for my old phone and the vat off plus a trade association discount and cash back means it’s costing me £190

didn’t know about checking stock otherwise i might have collected from a london applestore if they had one in stock.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

You can always cancel your online order and just reserve in store. If I was in that there London, which seems to be doing well on stock flow, then it’s what I would do.

footflaps

Personally it’s OK, but I generally use an iPad mini for books. iPhone 6 / 6s screen doesn’t show much text at a time, so a lot of scrolling involved reading an article.

MrSmith
    Free Member

tried to change order to collect but i cant keep my trade association discount for an instore purchase.
    looks like i will have to wait for delivery. no biggie, it’s only a phone. 🙄

MrWoppit
    Free Member

luke
    Free Member

The wife waited for the S6 mini that never happened then the S7 mini when that didn’t appear she opted for the SE as most smart phones are massive.
    She’s had it almost a week a 64gb in rose gold and loves it she has had a few areas she’s not happy after coming from several android models, I use apple products at work and have an iPad as well so the os is familiar to me although my phone is android, so using it isn’t so much of a new experience to me.
    The battery seems better than my last iPhone a 4S

tails
    Free Member

I wish they’d just make bezel free phones, then the 5se etc would be a great size. I’ve recently bought a 6plus for the battery as mentioned above, it’s lovely to use but a bit big in my jeans or maybe my jeans are too tight 😕

woody21
    Free Member

Yes – it’s ok

redstripe
    Free Member

None in Southampton store, ordered one via Apple website last weekend, says next week delivery. Anyone want an iphone 5 16gb on 02/giff gaff/tesco cheapish…..

CountZero

Better than what? Unless you did mean an iPhone 6S is better than Android…..which doesn’t really make sense.

Neither does that, one’s an operating system used across any number of different phones and manufacturers, the other is a phone made by one manufacturer.

The 6+ is, for books at least, but I really wouldn’t want to try reading magazines on it, that’s for sure.
    Also really good as a satnav device, with all that screen real-estate. I’ve still got a 4 and a 5, the 5 has been reset to factory settings and stuffed full of music, about 58Gb, as it’s a 64Gb phone, and it’s now sitting in the car as an iPod Touch, but having used the 6+ for around 18 months I really struggle with the little screen on the 5.
    As tails says, though, the 6+, especially with an Otterbox on, doesn’t play well with jeans that are anything other than very baggy!
    I think a less bulky case will be in order when I upgrade in October.

beermonst3r44
    Free Member

If you want a big battery the s7edge has a huge 3600mah compared to the iPhone 1800mah. I wouldn’t personally touch iPhone as I can’t abide I tunes etc

tails
    Free Member

What is samsungs equivalent to iTunes?

bigbloke
    Free Member

Just gone from a big Xperia Z1 to the new Xperia Z5 Compact I wanted a smaller phone so it fits in my pockets comfortably etc. However it looked tiny compared to my old one, a day of use and it’s all good. Better than last model which it would be but the screen is great at 4.6″ rather than 5.2-5.5″ on the whole happy so far.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I wouldn’t personally touch iPhone as I can’t abide I tunes etc

I use iTunes to backup the phone once every couple of weeks and thats about it

loddrik
    Free Member

Just bought an S7 due to the lack of 64gb SE’s. It’s very impressive but I don’t think I’ll have it long…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘iPhone SE, anyone got one yet?’ is closed to new replies.