Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Iphone repairs – forumite?
  • paulmgreen
    Free Member

I remember seeing some posts on here about a forum member that was able to repair mobiles……. but I cant find the details…….. he was recommended by a few people….
    can anyone point me in the direction ?
    ???

Gary_M
    Free Member

Jamie Carter, can’t remember his username though. Great service.

sandwicheater

wysiwyg, top chap

EDIT: I was told his breath smells like unicorns. True story.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Wysiwyg?

theotherjonv

OOH, interesting. Giffgaff, who i wholeheartedly recommend (up till now) want £200+ to repair my wife’s 13month old iPhone 6 which has never been abused but has developed a strange pixellated screen fault.

Still trying with SoGA and EC directive whatever it is to get them to realise their One Year Warranty is not a defining article, but if they absolutely refuse there’s no way I’m paying that rate.

paulmgreen
    Free Member

wysiwyg – any contact info ?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Have a look at his profile via search functions here

jambalaya
    Free Member

Here he is

Link

paulmgreen
    Free Member

Is that really his email address ???

wysiwyg
    Free Member

It would work..but you really have to want to contact me, its marvelous anti spam

fixerofphones@gmail.com is more appropriate

Daffy

Theotherjonv – Apple themselves will repair that for ~£100

link to official Apple repair page

Cougar

If you book a Genius appointment, you might get lucky with a free repair / replacement. Or not. But worth a punt.

theotherjonv

Tried the genius, and it’s not a screen fault, it’s something else that they tried to fix by software updates, resetting it to factory settings, all sorts, and no joy. But screen is sometimes functional.

That’s another contention – Giffgaff have confirmed it’s borked and will cost £200+ to repair but as yet won’t tell us what’s wrong with it, so we can’t see if anyone has any fixes and/or whether that’s a fair price!!

wysiwyg
    Free Member

If you haven’t physically done anything to it I’d move your complaint up the hierarchy. Don’t back down if it’s not the screen.

theotherjonv

Cheers wysiwyg.

I think t’wife has some pics of how it was playing up. Might I email them to you in case you’ve seen them before. Unfortunately Giffgaff have the phone so we can’t check anything on it or send it to you until we get it back if we wanted to.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Feel free. Just dont do what one guy did when he sent me pics of his cracked screen, took screenshots…Doh!

dannybgoode

@wysiwyg. Really?! That’s hilarious. Reminds me on a trainee my wife worked with. When told to ‘put your mouse over the start button…’. Well you can guess the rest…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Iphone repairs – forumite?’ is closed to new replies.