Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • iPhone Remote Question
  • Mascy
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend an iPhone wired remote for riding with please?

I used to have a great OEM Apple one for my ipod mini – do they still make these & I wonder if it’d work with the iphone….?

Thanks

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Search the Apple UK store for ‘remote’. They do several, of which this is the cheapest.

ads-b
    Free Member

i know you said wired but..
    Bluetooth remote

Its about the same price, but you can use it without needing to have wires running all over you. And you can use the phone and listen to music whilst riding. And hence you can stick the phone in the camel back.

FuzzyWuzzy

I’d double-check before going bluetooth, I know my bluetooth headphones can’t control my iPhone 3GS fully (skipping tracks etc.) as the 3GS doesn’t fully support something or other, dunno if they improved this on the iPhone 4.

dafunkphenomenon
    Free Member

iOS4 brought in full(er) support for A2DP so it now allows track skipping/volume which was missing before. I upgraded my 3G to iOS4, and it all worked fine with the SE MW600 bluetooth headset.

DarkStarr
    Free Member

What do you want the remote to do?

The new headphones and iOS combo allow for track +\- volume +\- and voice control usually gets what you want

wrightyson
    Free Member

The standard iPhone 4 phones do full iPod remote, ie stop start, skip, back, volume. Also answer phone and act as mic! Sound quality half decent also!

Mascy
    Free Member

Thanks for the comments all.

I have a 3GS currently unlocked but stuck on IOS3.1.3 (I think). I’m working on getting it unlocked permanently but this hasn’t happened yet – until it does I cannot upgrade it to IOS4.

Ideally I’d like the earphones to have volume, FF, RW, stop, play & pause. Not fussed about mic capability.

i didn’t realise the stock earphones as pointed out by 3Fish actually functioned as a remote – thought it was just volume! So this might go some way tbh. However if I did go for the Bluetooth remote I could at least choose a decent earphone rather than the Apple tosh (geddit?!)

kiwijohn

You should still be able to upgrade to 4.
    I use Motorola S9 BT headphones, Work brilliantly for riding & at work. Voice dial works a treat as well.
    They have been superseded by the S10, but the S9 is still a great headphone.

dr_death
    Free Member

I have a pair of the iphone headphones that i never use. You can have ’em if you like (for a donation to a charity of your choice)….

Look like these ones:

Here!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘iPhone Remote Question’ is closed to new replies.