Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • iPhone on Vodafone
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

I got mine on the 14th along with 49,999 other people.

I've noticed a few things since then.
    1, they can't offer decent 3g signal in my area. When I switch off the 3g, I still can't get a signal in locations where my old Nokia had no problem.
    2, I don't have access to a smtp server that will work on a mobile device so I had to use send.vodafone.net. That server is borked beyond belief!!!
    3, customer service has gone down the pan due to it being so severly over-stretched.

Just my thoughts and observations and the reason why I'm making sure this goes back within the 7 day cooling off period.

Maybe if someone else is in the same position, they might find this useful. So, to all those who recommended cases and apps as I requested, thank you, but I don't need any of that advice now.

lyons
    Free Member

I found vodaphone useless, I never had reception, try orange as they have the best 3g coverage, and good overall coverage.

Although with 02 i used to be able to get signal 2 stories below ground floor in Selfridges…

freeridenick
    Free Member

Vodafone the only coverage at my office! they are the best outside of urban areas IMO.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I chose VF 9 years ago because they had the best coverage in the peaks. It's the iphone that's to blame but it's not helped by VF poor 3g infrastructure.

bruneep

if you're not happy with it take it back, as it could be a long time stuck in a contract that you're not getting the full use of.

CountZero

So much for the signs all over the Vodaphone shop in Bath advertising guaranteed coverage.

Vodafone is the only network that works at my place (Derbyshire Dales).

Due an upgrade, so thanks for the heads up. I won't be getting one.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Deed is done. It's gone.

After spending a bit of time on the Vodafone iPhone forum, I would imagine there's going to be a flurry of returns as people avoid getting tied into the contract. Might be a good time to pick up a deal on a refurbished one if you fancy chancing it!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘iPhone on Vodafone’ is closed to new replies.