Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • iphone insurance??
  • cycleworlduk
    Free Member

just had a rant at protect your bubble…£50 excess? wtf? the iphone 4 is bloody flimsy so you need insurance…any recomendations?

z1ppy

Get it via your bank account?
    I took the risk and didn’t bother with my 3GS, surprisingly tough, though brick dust in my pocket eventually scratched the screen.

mysterymove
    Free Member

free insurance with bank account! I’ve owned all 4 generations of iPhone, they’re actually quite tough, not broken any of them but had to claim once – a hang over and a trip to Alton Towers didn’t mix too well – found it through the find your phone thingy – tracked it very well to the black hole at the bottom of Oblivion! Doh!

carbon337
    Free Member

The phone insurance through bank accounts gets slated everywhere I read about it.

They fix at non Apple approved places apparently so it invalidates warranty on the device.

cp

as long as you trust yourself not to lose it, they’re very though things. My 3G has survived trips across tarmac, down stairs, asda’s floor etc etc….

stevious

Recently had to claim for mine on insureance from my bank. Only £30 excess, but it took almost 2 weeks to process the claim.

Chris-S
    Free Member

Whatever insurance you take out read the small print

They will do anything to knock back a claim!

simon_g

Worth remembering that Apple do “out of warranty” repair for a flat £130ish which covers just about any sort of damage you could inflict on it. So it’s really only loss/theft you need to worry about. I’m more careful than to wander about chatting on the phone or leaving it out on a pub table so don’t feel the need to insure at all.

Have had mobiles for 15+ years with no thefts or losses, just one silly dropping in water incident. If I’d paid insurance all that time it would have cost more than several iPhones.

spacemonkey

Made a claim (via my bank) for my HTC Hero last year. Had no probs getting a replacement – my only issue was that I was given 5-6 phones to choose from, only 1 of which I wanted (HD2). All sorted out very quickly, plus I sold the HD2 and was in profit on an iP4.

Hence check if you get a like-for-like replacement + warranty approved repairs. If not, then you may need to accept taking the best or most valuable replacement and selling it to at least give you the funds to do what you want next.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘iphone insurance??’ is closed to new replies.