Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • IPhone help. Email notification content.
  • bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Not sure why but for some reason I’m not getting any email notifications on the lock screen. I used to get an audiable alert and then the banner showing but now I’m not getting anything until I unlock the screen.

All banners are set in the notifications menu, volume is turned up etc but still nothing. I haven’t changed any settings or updated the software etc.

Any ideas? Thanks.

jfletch
    Free Member

Settings>Notifications>Mail>mail account>

There is a show on lock screen toggle

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Yes, set to show 5 unread items but still nothing. Whatsapp, texts etc still show but no mail?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Toggle everything off and on, reset?

stumpy01

Dunno about iPhones, but on my Sony Android job, there’s a setting that basically turns off all data stuff when the phone goes to sleep to save the battery.
    If you turn that setting on, then it won’t look for e-mails and stuff while the screen is locked, but then if you wake it up it trundles off and bing bongs with any mails/facebook updates that it finds. Perhaps you’ve turned something like that on to save battery life, if such a thing exists on iPhones?

jfletch
    Free Member

Yes, set to show 5 unread items but still nothing. Whatsapp, texts etc still show but no mail?

You’re looking in the wrong place That 5 Items setting controls the notification centre that you pull down from the top of the screen, not the lock screen.

Below that should be a the names(s) of you mail account(s). Click that and there is a on/off toggle called show in lock screen. If that is off then turn it on. If it’s on then check your push setting on the phone and mail server.

jamj1974

Check to see if your settings for ‘fetch’ in mail are set to ‘push’. Otherwise you will only receive mail manually and not get notifications.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Gets weirdererer.

Sky email is fine but my tiscali email and works exchange mail only ping when I’m in the emails. Everything is set to push apart from tiscali which has always been set to fetch every 15 mins. From memory tiscali doesn’t support push email.

Everything is set to show on the lock screen!

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Toggled all the notifications off then back on as deadlydarcy suggested and all seems to be working again.

Thanks for your help.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

This may be my first ever tech related query success. 8)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘IPhone help. Email notification content.’ is closed to new replies.