Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Iphone headphones
  • thekingisdead
    Free Member

I lost my iPhone headphones so need a replacement pair.
    Would like to keep the remote / volume functionality. (Play, pause, skip etc)

What do the forum recommend?
    Budget – up to £30, but may stretch a bit further

Three_Fish
    Free Member

For the money, I’d recommend getting the Apple EarPods for £25.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Sennheiser the model escapes me at this point

Edit mm30i rings a bell

z1ppy

I’ve used/broken most of the Sennheiser iPhone models (30,50, & 70), & found them to be quite fragile. Currently trying some RHA MA450i, though I broke my first pair.. They’ve upgraded the headphone jack to a 90 degree unit, that I’ve found to be more reliable in the past & replaced mine under the 3 year warranty. Otherwise take a look at these Soundmagic e10

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I used to break sennheisers but stopped wrapping them round the phone and used the pouch. End of breakages.

montylikesbeer

rha

for the money absolute minters

somafunk

I’ve got an unused pair of apple earbuds that came with my 5s, I’ll never use them so you can have them for £20 delivered.

CountZero

If you look on the interwebz, you can find lots of people selling the Apple EarPods for less than a fiver, a workmate bought a pair for £2. They’re really very good indeed, I use mine a lot, when I’m not worried about blocking background noise, and they’ve been pretty robust, mine are over a year old, and doing fine.
    There’s some here for £2.95… £1.44
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/ctg/Apple-EarPods-White-In-Ear-only-Headsets-Apple-/170425663?_pcatid=1111&_rdc=1

z1ppy

wysiwyg, I learned a long time ago never to wrap/tightly coil any electronic lead, I broke most of them by catching the ear pieces, self inflicted I admit (never tried to warranty them), but the last couple of sets went at the jack. I’m a heavy headphone user always using them, and a ‘straight’ jack just won’t last, but neither did the 90° Sennheisers (did warranty thoses!).. the RHA look tougher.. time will tell, if not I might try some apple earbuds or the E10’s.
    Not suggesting the sennheiser’s weren’t a good headphones, just not built tough enough for me.

CountZero

I’ve been banging on about these for ages, because they’re very good indeed, and they’re cheap, especially at the moment, at $35:
    http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_M6P_Stylish_Earphones_p/earphone-m6p-mee.htm
    I’ve got two pairs, bought in a BOGOF reduced price sale. Excellent sound, very comfy, superb noise-cancelling, with the triple-flange eartips, and with reference to z1ppy, the plug is angled, so there’s very little, if any, stress on the joint.
    Mine are around two years old, now, and no sign of any cable issues at all, unlike the two pairs of Ultimate Ears SuperFi 5’s and a pair of Denons that broke after six months.
    Seriously, at this price, two pairs are pretty cheap, and there’s a second pair to leave at home or stick in another bag or jacket.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Iphone headphones’ is closed to new replies.