Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Iphone guitar amp thingys?
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

Fancying one of those guitar amp irig type things, should I just buy an irig or can anyone recomend another one for me?

Any tips where to get a genuine one cheap?

CaptainSlow

If you use an interface that uses the headphone socket, you will become familiar with a chap called Larsen and something that manifests itself as a high pitched squeal. Utter shit. Avoid.

Get an apogee jam and an app called bias and jam up..

grievoustim
    Free Member

I use an irig and the amplitube app and have never experienced squeal

It’s good – realistic sounds etc. I you have an iphone and a guitar then its definatelty worth it for quiet practice

I got the free version of the app – then paid for the individual amps and pedals I wanted

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

i know theres loads of fake ones about so maybe thats something to do with the squeel.

i’m just after a bit of fun to muck about with of an evening, the apogee looks interesting but loads more than i want to pay.

i did buy the latest rocksmith for the xbox but i really don’t get on with it so time to sell that and try and find a legit irig and see what happens.

CaptainSlow

Perhaps they’ve improved the apps to counter the squeal, its been a few years since I’ve used one now but had an amp kit interface.

Gav – What about the pocket pod? What headphones are you using?

Why do you want one other than fancying it? There are better options.

It’s personal preference but I find playing with headphones to be very fatiguing. I get a decent tone dialled in that I’m happy with and then start to hate it after 10mins so end up wasting time faffing.

I’d rather use a Roland Cube etc if I was on a budget or after something small etc

brassneck

iRig is perfectly acceptable and reasonably priced. I’d agree other options might be better though, quite fancy one of those little Blackstar modellers myself, seem a lot of amp for £100 ish.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

There’s loads of really good small practice amps around at the moment (those above and I’ll chuck a Vox Mini 3 into the mix as well). There are websites out there giving you settings for achieving the sound of your chosen rock god, etc. I’d suggest that these will give you much more practicable use than an ipad/iphone app and they have headphone sockets as well for spousal gratitude!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Iphone guitar amp thingys?’ is closed to new replies.